Homecoming Hotels

WIU0812

So I attempted to call and reserve a hotel yesterday for the Homecoming weekend against NDSU and apparently they are already all sold out... I did not know they actually went this fast and even with the addition of the new Macomb Inn(replaced the old Days Inn which was closed for year or so). Guess I will attempt to call them about every other day and see if they have an opening from someone deciding to cancel.
Tere North

I'm not surprised Macomb hotels are booked for Homecoming. After all, even combined, there simply aren't that many rooms. However, one thing you might try is the University Union Hotel. It is not listed under Macomb hotels, so sometimes it goes unnoticed, meaning they may have rooms available. University Union Service Center at (309) 298-1941. And here is the webpage http://www.wiu.edu/student_services/uni ... ion/hotel/
sealhall74

Monmouth College also has Homecoming that weekend. Plus, the Bison fans travel very well. I usually stay in Quad Cities and don't mind the 1.5 hr drive. Only about 5 stop lights between Macomb and Bettendorf and a pit stop at Petey's in Monmouth seems to work well for me. :D
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

I have some friends coming in from out of state for Homecoming.

They are staying at Olson. You might consider trying to get a room there:
http://www.wiu.edu/student_services/occ/index.php

Petey's Pub & Grill in Monmouth is a great place!
http://peteyspubandgrill.com/
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yea, unfortunately they go pretty fast once the date for Homecoming is announced. I know I had friends who were looking for rooms in town in April and weren't able to find any at that point either.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

With limited supply of rooms in Macomb, I am pretty sure that by the time the date was announced to public, the University had already put a hold on about every room in town. They then dole them out as needed to visiting team, officials, media (this game will be televised and those folks don't sleep in their big trucks), and VIPs. Scratching my head here, but I also have to believe that all visiting teams are not treated equally. There might be conference-level agreements that guarantee the Bison a larger block of rooms as current conference champion. There is a chance some of these rooms will open up soon. But I am also pretty darn sure the University has a waiting list for them once they do become free.

Like most things in life, it boils down to who you know rather than what you know.
Embrace the pace of the race.