2021 Season (Spring-ish)

WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:Attendance policy for home games this Spring was just announced. Restricted to players and staff family members only. Not sure how many per player at this point.
Can you post that link? Is that MVFC or WIU policy? Because I won’t be coming to Macomb then this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WIU2DC

Thanks for that. Basically it’s a wait and see if they change the rules. Luckily I am planning to come to the UNI game but if I can’t be in Hanson field, I don’t see the point.

sealhall74

We are damn near at the point when you will need a scarlet "V" (vaccinated) tattooed on your forehead to go just about anywhere. Special passport stamps will probably be coming this year. My wife and I went to Aruba just before Christmas. Had to get tested within 72 hours before to get on lthe plane. The only thing wroing with that is it was just an official-looking piece of paper to show someone at the airports (both departing and arriving). That piece of paper would have been way to easy to falsify had we wanted to do it.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

It’s looking like SIU and possibly ISU will allow fans for the games that aren’t parents or staff or about 15% of the stadium capacity. I really hope WIU reverse course.

GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:43 pm It’s looking like SIU and possibly ISU will allow fans for the games that aren’t parents or staff or about 15% of the stadium capacity. I really hope WIU reverse course.

My guess is that this is a starting point, and they can relax the policy if the situation presents itself. ie. if pandemic numbers decrease, if people are following the distancing rules, etc.

The announcement also mentioned they would be releasing information on streaming resources soon. Hopefully there are some easy options for folks to watch online. I may sit out the road games myself if there's a good option to stream. We can't tailgate, and only get about 15 mins after the games with my son on the road anyway.
WIU2DC

NDSU is holding 50% of their stadium open for games and their stadium is indoors. I feel like the conference should have made a rule for all schools to follow because it def will give some schools a leg up. I’d guess USD will have a similar % allowed on the 19th too.

Edit: I’m just complaining because I want a vacation in March to Macomb.

GV Dad

Last I saw, ND and SD were 1 and 2 in the Country for Covid cases; either positivity rate or per capita, can't recall which. So it doesn't surprise me that they are being reckless, as they really haven't been cautious at all to this point. That being said, allowing 20%-30% capacity in an outdoor stadium in Macomb should be "safe". And I wouldn't be surprised if we get to that point before the season is over.
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:Last I saw, ND and SD were 1 and 2 in the Country for Covid cases; either positivity rate or per capita, can't recall which. So it doesn't surprise me that they are being reckless, as they really haven't been cautious at all to this point. That being said, allowing 20%-30% capacity in an outdoor stadium in Macomb should be "safe". And I wouldn't be surprised if we get to that point before the season is over.
Oh absolutely, you wouldn’t catch me at the USD or NDSU game this season. However, Hanson Field holds 16,300 fans. Our average attendance is 3-4K a game, which is under 5%. I won’t complain as long as the season starts and I can watch on tv!

leatherneckcountry