2021 Season (Spring-ish)

WIU2DC

Has Western officially said fans are going to be allowed in? I have a hotel Thursday-Sunday for UND. Also, since I’d be coming from the East Coast, are the bars and such open? (You know the important stuff )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:51 am Has Western officially said fans are going to be allowed in? I have a hotel Thursday-Sunday for UND. Also, since I’d be coming from the East Coast, are the bars and such open? (You know the important stuff Image)

Not trying to be a smartass, but I wish I had a crystal ball to know that myself. If we are allowed to tailgate, you are definitely welcome to join us!
may know

My guess is any athletic department not announcing anything on fans wants to allow attendance but is waiting on getting the greenlight.

Many SEC/XII/ACC/AAC/CUSA/SBELT schools opened games up, majority safely.
WIU2DC

Would be cool if the MVFC allows teams to schedule a non-conference game to replace ISU

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Speculation that WIU might try to fill in the schedule with a game against NDSU. The only downside is that it would push our home opener to earlier in the season, February 27 rather than March 13...plus we're replacing a winnable game against Indiana State with a game against NDSU.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

How about a neutral site (i.e. warmer location) game with the Bison? Memphis or Nashville sounds nice to me.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

sealhall74 wrote:How about a neutral site (i.e. warmer location) game with the Bison? Memphis or Nashville sounds nice to me.
Nashville, and I’ll second that request.

wiu712

The home game with Indiana State on April 17 was to have been the Homecoming game.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

This references a post from SIU's football twitter account, but it mentions that all other MVFC teams (including Western) have re-affirmed that they are still a "go" for spring football:
ST_Lawson
Site Admin