new songs for band to play other then halftime

JoeWx21

Football season is upon us and I was thinking about the band's influence on the game. I have been attending games since 2006 and I notice the band has been playing the same songs. Also sometimes they would play a song at the wrong point of a game (I.e. ESPN theme song after wiu punts the ball). ST_Lawson I was wondering if you could talk to the director and ask him if the band could play new songs this season. I know its a work workload to prepare for home games but maybe the band can add one new song each game. Also have them really pay attention to the game.

Anyone else have thoughts on this topic. Also any ideas on how to get the students to come to the game not just stopping at tailgating?
WIU0812

I have to agree that new songs could definitely be a refresher. I love listening to the band, but I did like that they had some music to now with the new video board. I have always been a big fan of bands playing new hits that students love because it is such a different feel from what you hear on the radio. I am sure it is a lot of work, but the same old songs tend to get old. I still wish either the band or the video board crew would play "Chelsea Dagger" at some point in each game because a lot of people know the song now, it is the Blackhawks goal song, and can sing along with the catchy beat and get into it making more noise to the game.