Spring 2021 - Week 2 - vs Missouri State

letsgonecks

Sampson played better, but he missed or was late on some open looks and threw well short a few times that cost us. He has zero ability to scramble and make a play. He looks very unstable moving his feet with any pressure and with this line, that will not work.

I'm pulling for Ogala and just his one play with the suspect holding, he looked confident moving and throwing.

Unless MSU is an amazing run defense, we need to scrap the jet sweep and/or fake with dive. Don't think this team is equipped to be run first and have some WR depth, so air it out.
LeatherCy

I've been out of the loop. Did Whitlow play? What's the story on him? I had to miss most of the game. Is he still on the roster??
letsgonecks

LeatherCy wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:56 pm I've been out of the loop. Did Whitlow play? What's the story on him? I had to miss most of the game. Is he still on the roster??
True Fr Choquette started got hurt, Soph Garvin had most the carries, got hurt. Mixed in some Soph Hall, Sr Boise/Nevada transfer Walker for a few plays and then finished with Fr Pua'auli who was at Navy Prep last year.

Never saw Whitlow and yes he's still on the roster.
LeatherCy

You would think a 1,500 yard rusher in the SEC could see the field at Western.
wiu712

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:03 pmWho is doing play-by- play for radio ??
Kevin Dieppa was doing the game on WIUS Radio. R.J. Larson was doing the internet audio.
sealhall74 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:59 pmWho are the fence watchers?
There were a lot of people at the south end of the field on the Union parking lot hill and also in the Union flagpole patio. Some brought their lawn chairs. Members of the Men's and Women's Soccer team were in that group.

Only 48 Rushing yards today for Western.

Attendance at Hanson Field = 421.
rocki

letsgonecks wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:44 pm Sampson played better, but he missed or was late on some open looks and threw well short a few times that cost us. He has zero ability to scramble and make a play. He looks very unstable moving his feet with any pressure and with this line, that will not work.

I'm pulling for Ogala and just his one play with the suspect holding, he looked confident moving and throwing.

Unless MSU is an amazing run defense, we need to scrap the jet sweep and/or fake with dive. Don't think this team is equipped to be run first and have some WR depth, so air it out.
Agree with you there. I'd like to see them give Ogala a decent shot. Sampson has improved, but he looks like he still gets the yips to a certain extent. Ogala looked way more comfortable - not as jumpy and rushed. We do need the O line to toughen up a lot. Give the QB some time to make something happen.

Like the other games I've watched, it really wasn't pretty, but for it being the first game after a long layoff, I thought it looked better than the team that hit the field in 2019. Just my opinion.
wiu712

Miscues hurt WIU in opening loss.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/story/sp ... 854998002/
WIU2DC

I forgot to say, DB Braylan Brooks looked really good yesterday as a true freshman. Looked very talented as it being his first collegiate game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk