Fire Coach Elliott

beauspencer

I would say that I am surprised that the ESPN associated platforms have no standards. It is irresponsible to just have students on an ESPN feed. There needs to be a try out, yes like getting a role in a play. That student then gets partnered with a Veteran broadcaster. The stuff that we have had to endure does no one a service. It makes a mockery of our institution, and there isn't any professional level footage that can be gleaned to advance any of these hapless wannabes. The ridicule i hear on other boards is warranted.
It's a lot of work to be a good broadcaster. And it doesn't pay squat. Like way less than minimum wage when you figure in all of the homework and preparation for the broadcast not to mention time spent traveling as well as the actual time spent broadcasting. It's just not worth it, and I say that because I've done it.
WIU2DC

He’s gotta go…. he’s 7-25 as HC and I doubt we win a game this season. I’m sure he’s a great man and the kids love him but he’s paid to win football games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leatherneckcountry

If a change isn't made Danielle can go to

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote:Can we let this thread die until at least October?
Gonna have to repeat this for some of you all. I’m not saying keep him after the season, but let’s wait and see how the rest of the season goes. We go 1-10…yes, he’s gone, but it’s still early and I see at least 2-3 more winnable games, maybe a couple more if we figure out how to play our first halves like we play our second halves.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:29 pm
GV wrote:Can we let this thread die until at least October?
Gonna have to repeat this for some of you all. I’m not saying keep him after the season, but let’s wait and see how the rest of the season goes. We go 1-10…yes, he’s gone, but it’s still early and I see at least 2-3 more winnable games, maybe a couple more if we figure out how to play our first halves like we play our second halves.

To me we need to go at least .500 in valley play
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:29 pm
GV wrote:Can we let this thread die until at least October?

To me we need to go at least .500 in valley play
We figure out how to not completely suck in the first half and that’s absolutely doable. As it stands now, if we play like we have the last two games, I think we beat both ISUs. If we play a little better, I think we stand a decent chance against both USD and UNI…maybe even UND. SIU is going to be tough; they have an offense like ours with a much better defense. SDSU we don’t have a shot against (I think only NDSU can beat them this year). 4-4 in conference is reasonable, if we play like this or a little better.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

I'll put this here and not in the Indiana St thread. I am torn about Coach Elliot. Does he probably need to go yes, but I just don't know if they can get a decent coach or staff with the money situation it is. Plus the turnover of a new coach and staff is not favorable either. I know this wouldn't happen but I think I would reach out to Don Patterson, I believe he is still on good terms with WIU and ask him for some suggestions for HC candidates. He is still connected to college football and he knows what it takes to win at WIU. Anyway it won't happen but just a thought.
HoosierNeck13

I'm tired of being embarrassed, let the search begin. 

At this point, let the #2 coach take over.

Not sure if Danielle would think to reach out to Coach P, but he would be a great resource.

In terms of a new coach, what about reaching to the lower levels? Get get a winner who wants to prove him himself. Brian Kelly (ND) and Lance Leipold (Kansas) did well at the lower levels. Apples and oranges but JD came from D2 QU and has done a good job.
letsgonecks

My thought was reachout to Bobby Diaco and yes, have Patterson join him as an adviser.  This was his first coaching stop under Patterson.

Not sure he's in line for any HC D1 jobs and yes would make much more as power 5 DC, but opportunity to get back to being a HC.  Nothing to lose and if he has a quick turnaround in Macomb, he'd have people calling.

Dude made 650k last year not coaching, so probably not hurting for cash.
sealhall74

I would seriously ask this guy if he has any interest in coaching at the "next++" level.  Lives just down the road, or at least I think he still does.  

https://www.thehawkeye.com/article/2017 ... /303319938
Embrace the pace of the race.