Fall 2021 - Week 3 - vs Eastern Washington

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

A couple of interesting notes about the game:
The combined 118 points is the most scored in a game for the Leathernecks. The previous record was 106 in a 54-52 loss at Southern Illinois in 2002
The 62 points that Eastern Washington put up was the 5th highest point total we've ever allowed.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Necks2003

Embarrassed overall. I never thought we would ever be this bad. We likely won't win any time soon this season.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Sampson was awarded the MVFC Offensive Player of the Week: https://valley-football.org/news/2021/9 ... pt-19.aspx
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Jared Elliott Show

WIU2DC

4:37 is when our segment starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:37 am ...

I was just about to post that. Here it is over on Youtube if you prefer that option:

wiu712

3 things we learned: No. 7 Eastern Washington thwarts WIU comeback in 62-56 shootout.
From Prairie State Pigskin:
https://www.chicagonow.com/prairie-stat ... -shootout/

letsgonecks

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:52 am
WIU2DC wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:37 am ...

I was just about to post that. Here it is over on Youtube if you prefer that option:

Had a few friends see this segment and ask me how cool it was to be at the game.  Had to tell them my kids wanted to leave at half and personally wasn't enjoying much after the second quarter and missed it all.  I actually watched the rest of the game on my phone while we had dinner at Chick's and drive back home, but wasn't as fun.  Actually let my wife drive, which I never do and even had her stop at a gas station late in the forth, because I was worried about losing reception and missing something.  Game of if's, but wish they could have stopped that 3rd and 7 read option or the refs missed the holding call on the Luda TD.  Still scored that last drive, but took an extra 3 minutes.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

letsgonecks wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:38 pmHad a few friends see this segment and ask me how cool it was to be at the game.  Had to tell them my kids wanted to leave at half and personally wasn't enjoying much after the second quarter and missed it all.  I actually watched the rest of the game on my phone while we had dinner at Chick's and drive back home, but wasn't as fun.  Actually let my wife drive, which I never do and even had her stop at a gas station late in the forth, because I was worried about losing reception and missing something.  Game of if's, but wish they could have stopped that 3rd and 7 read option or the refs missed the holding call on the Luda TD.  Still scored that last drive, but took an extra 3 minutes.

That was almost me except I was there by myself. Texted my wife at halftime and said that if things don't look any better into the 3rd quarter, then I'd probably just head home. Ended up getting that 55-yard TD pass fairly early on, so I stuck around. Just wished we had about 2 more minutes of clock time in that one.
sealhall74

I might be the only guy in the stadium who wanted an onside kick at the 8 minute mark after we scored to pull within 13 (62-49).  But I still think that was the time to do it.  
Embrace the pace of the race.