HoosierNeck

Here are my predictions:

Win:
Valpo-can't remember the last time we lost a home opener
Drake- we should be in mid-season form by this game
SIU-they've had our number the last few years but I think we can take them
ILSU-home game and very winnable
SDU- we beat them last year and we are a better team this year
INSU-should be a easy win (will be a small crowd though)

Lose:
WIS-Wisky is a good team; might be close early
NW- we will keep it close enough to scare them
NDSU-I could see them competing for another championship run
YSU- good team
UNI-we've really struggled against them
SDSU-another good team

6-6; if we could have played MOST we could be 7-5.
Western_101

I think this is a very good prediction. I concur. I am hoping to steal a win from one of those you have slated in the loss column and make it 7-5, but my gut tells me 6-6 is more realistic. Hey, no shame in .500 in this conference. However, I know conference championships and playoffs are the goal.
lovethenecks

I think you are being very generous with the predictions,here is the way I see it.

Valpo, that is bad football program. 1 win
Drake, This is a good program. right now a toss up.
Southern Illinois and Illinois State have to put in loss side sorry.
South Dakota, really getting better and in the their dome give them slight edge
Indiana State will give us victory

Lets go 2 wins maybe 3
Western_101

lovethenecks wrote:I think you are being very generous with the predictions,here is the way I see it.

Valpo, that is bad football program. 1 win
Drake, This is a good program. right now a toss up.
Southern Illinois and Illinois State have to put in loss side sorry.
South Dakota, really getting better and in the their dome give them slight edge
Indiana State will give us victory

Lets go 2 wins maybe 3
Brother Please :lol:

WIU was a couple plays away from being 6-6 last year. They are a better team this year. Drake is good? I guess that is subjective, but they do play in the Pioneer League that is non-scholy, they want no part of the actual MVFC for fear of getting their brains beat in. SIU, ISU, USD, all middle of the pack where we will be as well. So, your fatalist prognostications ain't ligit pal. You sound more like a Troll than a Lover of Necks anyhow.
WIU0812

I have to agree I think 6-6 is a very possible prediction that should happen. Actually I have to say if we were less than 6-6 I would most likely be pretty dang disappointed. After last years showing I have to hope that we can get quite a bit better. One huge part will be special teams, specifically punts, extra points and field goals.
wonderdog

Let me give you my opinion: Facts: To Win a Championship or conference you need a GOOD Defense! RIGHT? WIU 2nd in conf, 7th in Nation,, YES! Facts: We are returning more seniors on offense and defense than any other team in conference meaning we should have a Great Year! RIGHT!!... Facts: We were very competitive in every games last year with a chance to win? RIGHT! YES, Facts: We have a coach who knows how to win Championships? YES

This year when the polls game out in MVFC base on this info you would think WESTERN would be in the Top 5 ?? 8-4 or 9-3 ?? RIGHT!!!. Well I really Think WESTERN will be the most improve and exciting team this year and they may SHOCK!! a lot of writers and reporters my prediction 8-4 making the Playoff "LET'S GO NECKS"