WIU @ Northwestern - 9/20

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Anyone else planning on going to the Northwestern game?

For me, this game vs the Wisconsin game...Northwestern is much easier for me to get to (plus I have family in the suburbs that I can stay with).
Just made my arrangements and ordered my tickets (train tickets up and back from Macomb, weekend pass on Metra to get into town and up to Evanston, ticket for pregame social and game ticket...less than $100...can't beat that).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

Don't know if anyone else saw this from last week, but tough luck for NW. Helps us, but outside of us playing them, I root Northwestern as they're always an underdog in the B10.

http://www.thechampaignroom.com/2014/8/ ... 014-illini
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Ouch, yea...you hate to see stuff like that. As you mentioned, it does help us, but it could be a rough season for Northwestern.
Western_101

Macomb: population 20,000..........Amtrak service? Yes.

Peoria Metro: population 380,000...Amtrak service? No.

Way to go Peoria. Every significant metro in the State has Amtrak service except Peoria. (Decatur has no Amtrak......ADM recently has moved their Headquarters from Decatur to Chicago)

Peoria is the 2nd Biggest Metropolitan area in the State of Illinois outside of Chicago and it has no Amtrak. Metro East is first outside of Chicago.
WIU0812

Always thought they would run a track over from Bloomington to Peoria and make a train that travels at least once a day from Peoria over to Bloomington and then up to Chicago.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

And they're not even showing Peoria on the proposed Chicago-St. Louis High Speed Rail route either.

It also doesn't hurt that a member of the Amtrak Board of Directors and one-time Chairman is a local (Western alum, former Mayor and former local business owner, Tom Carper), although we did have Amtrak service well before he was in that position...still doesn't hurt to have someone bringing up the visibility of small midwestern towns like Macomb.
sealhall74

150 years ago we were half-way done with that very same East West route. LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peoria_and ... d_Railroad
Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

Let's see if only Peoria could have had a Transportation Secretary in a recent Presidential Cabinet.
Western_101

It is getting pretty late to not have a start time. I sure hope the B1G picks this game up, otherwise what the heck are we waiting for?