WIU @ Northwestern - 9/20

wiu712

ST_Lawson wrote:I wished they could have had the band and visitors section right next to each other. We could tell they sounded pretty good, but because we were on opposite end of the West stands, we couldn't coordinate any cheers or anything.
According to this Northwestern Ryan Field Seating Chart, the Visitors Sections (shown in black) are 134, 135, 234, and 235 at the north end of the press box side.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nw/ ... ingMap.pdf

Looks like all of the Western fans should have been sitting in those 4 sections at that end of the field. I don't know why the tickets sold thru the Alumni Office were for seats in Section 123 which is at the south end of the field.
Neckfansince71

I think after the NIU game the opponent fans and band were broken up deliberately! I had a sideline pass so I really got a feel for what was going on. We are a year away from being realllllllllllllly good! I mean reallllllllllllly reallllllllly good! ;) jc
rocki

Neckfansince71 wrote:I think after the NIU game the opponent fans and band were broken up deliberately! I had a sideline pass so I really got a feel for what was going on. We are a year away from being realllllllllllllly good! I mean reallllllllllllly reallllllllly good! ;) jc
Like, how good is realllllly realllllly good? Like, win the conference good or just have a winning season good?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Personally, I think we're talking at-large playoff spot good. Don't know if we'll win the conference much unless NDSU declines some. But we could definitely be in the top couple in the conference, in the top 20 ranked teams, and in the playoffs.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

We have a big time WR corp!!!! Wish we had Nikko, but we can still run the ball! ST, I agree, we are good enough to be a playoff team! ;) jc
Western_101

Stands looked great on T.V....I mean, it looked like the whole stadium was Purple!

oh, wait, check that :)
rocki

I'd take an at large bid.
Western_101

On another note:

Let's ponder this.

Last week BOWLING GREEN (FBS) beat INDIANA. This week INDIANA beat a very good ranked MIZZOU. This leads me to the conlclusion that Bowling Green's win over B1G INDIANA is more substantial than first blush.

Today WISCONSIN beat BOWLING GREEN's brains in to the tune of 68-17. Melvin Gordon rushed for 253yards. The Falcons allowed the Badgers 41 points in the first half.

Two weeks ago WESTERN held a very good ranked WISCONSIN team to just one touchdown in the entire first half of play. The Western Illinois defense held stud all conference running back Melvin Gordon to 38net yards.

Western's Defense is Ligit.
rocki

They are, but if the offense can't put points on the board the point is moot.
WIU0812

So appearantly Jaelon Acklin played yesterday so I guess no redshirt for him.

What I took for the game is that small mistakes kill more than higher stats. We lead many of the stat lines and still lost by 17. Need to clean things up and stop these items and we could of easily won