The 2014 RBs

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yesterday we looked at this season’s QBs, now here’s the RBs.

We have seven RBs on our roster currently:
#2 JC Baker - Senior from Yuma, AZ
#41 Nikko Watson - Senior from Rock Island, IL
#11 Kyle Hammonds - Junior from Solon, OH
#28 Devon Moore - Sophomore from Jefferson City, MO
#21 Devon Sanders - R-Freshman from Chicago, IL
#32 Brock Broughton - Freshman from Kearney, MO
#37 Drew Patterson - Freshman from Sussex, WI

Last year, our running game relied mostly on JC Baker (95.8 yards/game, 6 TDs) with Nikko Watson primarily used as the “short game” rusher (50.3 yards/game, 5 TDs). Kyle Hammonds also got in on the action a bit, picking up 14.5 yards per game throughout the season. Baker’s total yardage of 1149 for the season put him at #25 on the FCS top rushers list. Hammonds also participated on 10 kick returns, with an average of 22.4 yards per return.

It’s not flashy, but I’d expect that we’ll see more of the same from the RBs this year with Baker and Watson getting the majority of plays, and Hammonds picking up some yards here and there as needed. We’ll also likely see Moore and Sanders brought in occasionally if a game is getting a bit lopsided and I’d expect Broughton and Patterson to redshirt this season.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Mizzou Rah

Very excited to see this group. Great combination of speed and power. Should see great things. Love the way Baker and Hammonds are used as receivers as well. Will help the passing game. Hope play action is used a lot to open up offense.
beauspencer

My prediction: Devon Moore breaks out and has at least one 100 yard rushing game this season.