Article about J.C. Baker

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just wanted to point out a great article about J.C. Baker over on John Bohnenkamp's blog. I already knew he was a great RB, but it's nice to hear that he's also a really good person.
Sunday blog: Baker would rather stay out of the spotlight
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
SunDevilLawyer

Having played High school football with JC and being close friends with him for the last 9 years, I can attest to the validity of all of this article. Its excellent to see all of the positives of JC eventually come out. I will say this about that article though, Tom Minnick from AWC was never advocating for JC as much as he portrays. He himself was one of the coaches that would ALWAYS comment on JC's size. I am simply thankful that JC is finally in a program that appreciates him and recognizes his skill and work ethic.
WIU0812

JC is definitely a fan favorite and a huge part of WIU football! Hoping to seem him break 1500 yards this year.
sealhall74

Seems to me coaches are in a precarious position when promoting their players which come up "short" in one or another evaluation criteria. A kid's height is certainly not something that you can hide so why not be open about it with comments like "Yes, the kid is a little undersized but he makes up for it with speed and a huge heart". I think Baker and Watson complement each other very well and I hope we see them BOTH in the backfield a lot this year. I also would like to see some occasional "full house" sets to really give the opposition something to chew on. Not sure if it that is in Coach N's playbook but it was in UMD's playbook last year and they executed it very well so they learned it from someone.
Embrace the pace of the race.