9/13 WIU Vs Drake

WIU0812

That honestly may cost more than just demoing the original structure as many times that is a much more difficult item and it would require a great deal of refurbishing to make original stands a viable option. My guess is they will completely demo and by end of project everything included it will be around 20 Million though the initial cost may show only 16 million.
wiu712

First Row Sports is showing that they will have our game available:
Game time in the list is 15:00 (3PM).
http://ifirstrowus.eu/sport/american-football.html
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote:First Row Sports is showing that they will have our game available:
Game time in the list is 15:00 (3PM).
http://ifirstrowus.eu/sport/american-football.html
That's odd. I'm not really sure where they'd be getting the video feed from. It's not being shown on any broadcast or cable TV channel as far as I'm aware.
I've seen games like that listed before though...they're listed, but when you click on them to watch, you get something like a "this channel is offline" error. I'd guess you'd probably run into the same issue with that.

Also, I've added the Live Gameday Chat button to the top menu bar and the right side navigation bar on the front page for people to pop in and talk about the game tomorrow. I will be unable to attend the chat, since I will be at the game, and I haven't yet figured out a good way to make it work with mobile devices. I will be checking the forum periodically and try to report back any interesting announcements or events involving the 1000th game if there are any. It'll also be nice seeing what the new video board looks like in the sun. I think it'll be fine, considering how bright it was for the last game, but I'll let you know.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU0812

I will never use that first row sports again I received some sort of ad virus every time I used. I will just pay the 6 bucks to watch the WIU feed.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU0812 wrote:I will never use that first row sports again I received some sort of ad virus every time I used. I will just pay the 6 bucks to watch the WIU feed.
Yea, you have to have a seriously good adblocker on your browser and antimalware/virus software....and be very careful where you click. It's a pretty sketchy site.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410643314.032091.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410643314.032091.jpg (133.52 KiB) Viewed 5301 times
We'll see if that works. Posting photo from tapatalk on phone. I'll post higher res when I get home.
basfan445

Looks like a bigger crowd this game!
Neckfansince71

I think it was close to 10,000! The day, the game, was exactly what the doctor ordered! ;) jc
sealhall74

Looked like they pulled in the Macomb HS band as well. That is always good for a few extra parents + grandparents along with kids. And I think I spotted the alumni band members at halftime but have to confirm that with ST.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I'll follow up with some more details later (gotta put the kids to bed first).

The Macomb High band was there. They performed their halftime show during the pregame festivities, then spent the first half in the stands with the Marching Leathernecks. Looked like they were really enjoying themselves. At halftime, the MLs were marching with their parents (it's family weekend) and then after they did their show, the Macomb High band went out and they all performed the theme from Robin Hood (that's a Macomb tradition dating back to when I was in HS...I'm also a Macomb band alum, btw). Then the MHS band left the field, the MLs did their regular "Fight Song" and "Georgia on my Mind".

Crowd looked pretty good sized, although pretty quiet at times. Drake brought a pretty good sized crowd too, and they were pretty loud at times...louder than a lot of the Western fans were being.