9/13 WIU Vs Drake

WIU0812

I was thinking over 10000 but could be wrong good game and band did good. Looked like the video board was in good action. Definitely need new announcement system the speak near me was messed up. Overall a good day!
sealhall74

ST, does the band have any microphones near them when they are seated in stands?
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

So 0812, the scoreboard meets with your approval? Where did you sit? Like I said on the live chat, I wish we had gone to this game instead of the first one! How was the tailgate and concert in Q? ;) jc
WIU0812

My review was band and tailgating was dang near best one I have ever been to. The Friday comedy show was hilarious. The video board gets a nod not full approval. I stand by my saying that it should of been no scoreboard and just a whole video board but it adds a nice aspect. I actually sat in grass for long time just to really check out board and it was OK but could not see replays very well. Overall it was an awesome day though I missed half time because they did not have any food for my fiance because she does not eat meat..... Went to union.
Neckfansince71

I think the union is top notch looking! ;) jc
WIU0812

Very much though not a fan of exposed roof near the burger king and those areas. Other than that no complaints!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Ok, going to try to answer a few questions all at once, but first, here's the full panoramic that I shot, late in the 1st quarter:

You can click here to open up the full res version.

Crowd - Official attendance is listed at 9,445, which I'd say is about right. Not what it has been at times, but could be a lot worse.

Microphones - do you mean so that the band's sound can be sent over the speakers? or do you mean a microphone so that the band can hear the band director and drum majors?

Scoreboard - My opinion at this point is..."it's decent". A lot better than we had, but not quite what I would have liked...still, I'll take it. I noticed that in the first quarter when the sun was directly on it, it was just a little bit "faded"/harder to see, but not too bad. Once the sun had gone over to the west a bit by the second half, it was fine.

Sound - there must have been something wrong with the sound system today...it was MUCH quieter than it was at the Valpo game.

Union - the reason that the roof area is exposed in that section is that there is more planned in the next phase and they didn't want to go doing a whole finished roof and then just have to tear it out in a year or so when they do more there. I don't really know specifics, but I do know that the current stage is essentially the end of Phase 1 (of, I think, 3 phases of construction).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

Are u talking about the open ceiling? ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Neckfansince71 wrote:Are u talking about the open ceiling? ;) jc
Sorry, yes...that's what I meant. Open ceiling in the food court area.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

With all of the rainy and cool weather that we have had this week, we ended up a perfect day. Attendance was posted as 9,445.

If you look at the game-day photo that ST Lawson posted, you will notice that there are people sitting on the hillside on the west side. A big crowd was on the north end hillside.

The Friday night comedy show in Western Hall was very good and drew a big crowd.

The Rick Springfield concert in Q-Lot was good but very loud. The Mom's seemed to be really enjoying it.

The video portion of the scoreboard was hard to see in the first half when it had to compete with the sun. It was better in the second half.

The PA sound system was not well heard on the east side.