Post game recap Western@Southern Illinois

SunDevilLawyer

haha ok...it was superfluous to assume that your name was not David Allen Darkowitz. Jk. I never realized it before.
DADfan

Pardon me? I was just trying to ease this thread from running amok on this particular topic. As I witnessed with the prior anti-staff post rant. I am quite upset reading this stuff. BTW, since you know who I am Counselor, I believe you need to introduce yourself.
WIU0812

I do not like that we have some much trouble finding out this kind of info. If this was on even a MAC team you would hear about this somewhere via print. The only good thing is it keeps any extra negative stress from the players.

Everyone needs to chill out on this forum it is getting a little crazy. We are not where we wanted to be, but we had to know that this was a place we may be this season. I am no coach and not sure of what all steps need to be made, but there is issues at every level of the team and hopefully we start to see some development and not just same stuff over and over.
wonderdog

This is one of the biggest games of the year and if Martinez Davis is not playing its A coach player break down some where!! NOW it really looks like the coaches are not doing a good job mentoring one of there TOP athlete...THIS IS NOT GOOD AT ALL SAME ON THEM IF THIS IS TRUE :evil: :evil:
sdscamp

I am more confused, one of our top player (Martinez Davis) is suspended against the National champions. I hope they have a good reason for the suspension. I know he didn't get arrested because I checked the Macomb prosecutor lists. Coach Ward should have a press conference. If anyone know why (Martinez Davis) was suspended please share?
WIU0812

When was Davis pulled exactly? Like after halftime?
SunDevilLawyer

DADfan wrote:Pardon me? I was just trying to ease this thread from running amok on this particular topic. As I witnessed with the prior anti-staff post rant. I am quite upset reading this stuff. BTW, since you know who I am Counselor, I believe you need to introduce yourself.
I meant NO offense. I am sorry, that last comment did come off as pretentious and sarcastic. That was not my intention, I sincerely meant that I had not noticed your name, it is definitely a dead give-a-way, and I am glad to have you on this forum because you provide a wise and different viewpoint. Again I am sorry.

BTW, what about the coaching are you in favor of? And/or as a dad of a player can you provide us with an insight that we do not get to see based solely on the "on-field performance".
SunDevilLawyer

WIU0812 wrote:When was Davis pulled exactly? Like after halftime?
Yeah sometime after the half...i believe prior to the 4th quarter.
WIU0812

Was just thinking it must of stemmed from either something done in locker room or on field that is higky frowned upon. It is pretty rare that a player randomly gets pulled and suspended in the middle of a game.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU0812 wrote:Was just thinking it must of stemmed from either something done in locker room or on field that is higky frowned upon. It is pretty rare that a player randomly gets pulled and suspended in the middle of a game.
There's been a bit of problems lately with players (in college and NFL) saying things that are offensive and getting in trouble with it. I wonder if he was upset about something and was spouting off about one of the other players (on either team) or something and one of the coaches took particular offense to it. Just a guess, I don't really have any idea, but something like that might get someone pulled in the middle of a game and suspended for an additional game or something.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000