Western @ Youngstown State - 10/11/14

wiu712

WIU0812 wrote:Now I am even more confused. First, congrats to JC Baker on his CFP honorable mention and second the very last line of the article says this weekends game is on ESPN3.
ESPN has now added the game to their list of games being shown on Saturday. It will be on ESPN3. The announcers will be Chad Krispinsky and Dave Sess from Youngstown television station WKBN.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/sp ... /20141011/
WIU0812

Ya I think last Saturdays game was televised by mc22. Wish that station came to Peoria!
WIU0812

I was thinking about it today and the person in charge of ESPN's FCS coverage may have decided after seeing the NDSU game that this game will have a lot more interest the originally thought. They may as well just send a crew to each of the MVFC games each week during Regular season or create a MVFC network since it has become so competitive in FCS football and better than some FBS conferences. I will definitely enjoy being able to watch the game for free again if it truly is on ESPN3.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

You might be kidding a bit, but I think that a MVFC network that broadcasts all games online is a great idea. They could partner with ESPN to have nearly all the games picked up for rebroadcast on ESPN3. Big Sky has their network, and I think there's one or two others. I think that the increase in conference visibility would make up for the loss of $ for putting them online for free, as well as help solidify the conference as the premiere FCS conference in the country.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

Before the season started I predicted a 6-6 finish to the season. I still feel like that could be a possible outcome for this season. 6-6 record with the 6th toughest schedule in the nation is very respectable.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote:Before the season started I predicted a 6-6 finish to the season. I still feel like that could be a possible outcome for this season. 6-6 record with the 6th toughest schedule in the nation is very respectable.
At this point in our rebuilding process...yea, 6-6 with our schedule is a pretty good result, I think.
There's 6 games left in the season: @YSU, vs ISUr, vs UNI, @USD, @SDSU, vs ISUb
if we play as well as we did against NDSU for the rest of our games, I could see us taking down YSU, UNI, USD and maybe ISUb (they're hard to tell though...predicted last in the conference, but is blowing away expectations so far).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU0812

So it looks like this weekends game has been added to the ESPN3 schedule the MVFC had an announcement on facebook earlier and now it is showing up on their page.

http://www.valley-football.org/espn3/
sealhall74

One of sport's great mysteries that even Google cannot unequivocally answer: Why do they call it the "Ice Castle"?

Are we flying or busing over to the "Rust Belt"?
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU0812

I kinda like right where we are, stay with the MVFC and Summit and follow them wherever they go.
huskie

Flying.