Western vs Northern Iowa - 10/25/2014

rocki

WIU0812 wrote:We may see them try to pick up a transfer from a BCS school in order to fill the gap if they are able to find anyone, but they will need to transfer before the spring in order to allow ample time to study the defense so they do not blow every play at beginning of year. I would fully expect them to try to bring in a transfer or community college linebacker to fill some quick gaps. Hopefully they find another Kris Harley in a linebacker form that kid is a ton!

Personally I say scout the SEC/B1G rosters for some kids who were high prospects and were pushed aside by an even higher prospect. This happens all the time a great player comes in and is forced to sit because the next best thing happens to sign at the same location. Even better is if they can look back at 4 star prospects from IL, WI or IA from about 1 or 2 years ago and find the ones who got pushed aside and go after them aggressively marketing immediate playing time and a shot at the NFL if they can prove their worth.

Seriously go to the link below and look at current stats on the DL. He has 20 solo tackles, 5 TFL, 2.5 sacks and 1 pass breakup. That is pretty awesome for a first year transfer.

http://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?r ... h=football
You got that right!
rocki

Any insider news on injuries, confidence level, or the like? Thanks!
WIU0812

All I know is I keep logging on to the panthernation forum expecting to see some talk about this weekends game or something at all revolving around WIU and they just keep making new posts about what is wrong and why they should fire their coaches. It is kind of amusing, but I really hope they are as beatable as their own forum makes it sound.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Hehe...I've been doing the exact same thing.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

Well since the question of injuries has been asked and there's talk of next year on this thread, does anyone know what injury Dallas Nichols has/had? I'm assuming he's on the self for the year and will take a Medical Redshirt, so he can be back next year. Don't believe he redshirted in CC, so has a redshirt and a year left of eligibility.

Though we lose Rollins and McDaniel for next year, we should have Nichols (if receives MR) along with Diggs, Spearman and Griffith. Will be good for all three of those Freshman to come back with game experience next year. Maybe Nichols puts on a few LB's and fills the athletic Linebacker role that will be vacated by Kintzel.

Like home grown players stepping up, but wouldn't mind seeing an FBS Corner, DE and RB coming in the spring.
WIU0812

letsgonecks wrote:Well since the question of injuries has been asked and there's talk of next year on this thread, does anyone know what injury Dallas Nichols has/had? I'm assuming he's on the self for the year and will take a Medical Redshirt, so he can be back next year. Don't believe he redshirted in CC, so has a redshirt and a year left of eligibility.

Though we lose Rollins and McDaniel for next year, we should have Nichols (if receives MR) along with Diggs, Spearman and Griffith. Will be good for all three of those Freshman to come back with game experience next year. Maybe Nichols puts on a few LB's and fills the athletic Linebacker role that will be vacated by Kintzel.

Like home grown players stepping up, but wouldn't mind seeing an FBS Corner, DE and RB coming in the spring.
I still think we are deep at running back especially with the young players, we all know as I said before the Brock Broughton was one of the top recruits from last year, but rumor around last years Wisconsin all star game is that Drew Patterson who we picked up as well was drawing FBS attention as a great overlooked player. I say go after a defensive player from the FBS.

Worth noting as well in that Wisconsin Large School All Star Game both our new QB,Sean McGuire, and our new RB, Drew Patterson were the game leaders for the South which was the winner of the game.
sealhall74

WIU0812 wrote:All I know is I keep logging on to the panthernation forum expecting to see some talk about this weekends game or something at all revolving around WIU and they just keep making new posts about what is wrong and why they should fire their coaches. It is kind of amusing, but I really hope they are as beatable as their own forum makes it sound.
That is funny. Starting to think we are the "Rodney Dangerfield" of the FCS. During the week leading up to the Bison game, they start up a thread titled "Isn't there a game this week? A. Yes, WIU". I'll tell you, we don't get no respect. Still time to earn some though.

[youtube][/youtube]
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Game day forecast for Saturday:
Partly cloudy
High = 74
Winds: NW at 10 mph
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Where was the mid-70's when we had Homecoming? It's going to be a warm day for late October football.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Saturday's weather is looking good--the best so far this season.

The last 3 home games all featured cool, cloudy, and damp days.

This will be the last home game with the students on campus. The final home game will be on November 22 which comes during the Thanksgiving Break.