Defensive Hits Keep Coming

rocki

I get that, but usually there's someone with the dirt that spills it. ;)
meganeck

I know its not a big media market, but where is the media. Are they afraid to ask about anything bad. I know Iowa had a player arrested for OWI during their bye week, 2 weeks ago and it was reported on immediately and Coach Ferentz announced he was suspended indefinitely. Later it was announced as a 2 game suspension.
WIU0812

Guess The Voice does not know who it is posting arrests about otherwise I would think they would be calling Coach N for some answers to what he plans on doing especially since all the hits are coming to starters and not their backups....
sealhall74

meganeck wrote:I know its not a big media market, but where is the media. Are they afraid to ask about anything bad. I know Iowa had a player arrested for OWI during their bye week, 2 weeks ago and it was reported on immediately and Coach Ferentz announced he was suspended indefinitely. Later it was announced as a 2 game suspension.
Gatehouse has a HUGE presence in the state of Illinois almost to the point of being ugly. I guess that results in a lot of local news dilution. Just how much area does Scott Holland cover anyway? It is extremely sad to go to one of these corporate online "newspapers" and not find so much as a staff directory anywhere on the site.

Correction: They do have staff listing under "Contact Us" way down at the bottom of home page (good luck typing in "Editor" in the search box at the top of the page) so inquiring minds now know where to go.
Last edited by sealhall74 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU0812

I still feel like they do a pretty good job of covering the news I subscribe to them online just to keep on the local happenings in Macomb and the website is constantly updated with new articles each day which is nice. Some are pointless, but all newspapers have those.
letsgonecks

As a fan I wish the university would share more info, but get why they and even local media might be mum.

Have noticed other schools in the conference posting suspensions in the past. Below is a recent one by SIU. Don't know if current WIU players are suspended for their recent incidents, but we've never seen this for past games/incidents and probably never will.

http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-foot ... 14aab.html

According to McDaniel's recent tweet, he's at least making the trip to SD.
sealhall74

letsgonecks wrote: According to McDaniel's recent tweet, he's at least making the trip to SD.
Also listed as a starter on this week's 2-deep.
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

According to the "Voice", they don't report on minor infractions like this. More "serious" charges, yes, but not battery because it encompasses so much. :roll: