2015 Football Schedule

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

So, the 2015 schedule was "officially" released today: http://goleathernecks.com/news/2015/1/1 ... 53506.aspx
No change from what was posted earlier, except we now know that the game on 10/10 vs South Dakota is the Family Weekend game.

Also, something mentioned in the article...6 of the teams we're playing this year were in the FCS playoffs this year...something else though...all except for one are away games.
@ Coastal Carolina
@ Northern Iowa
@ Illinois State
@ North Dakota State
@ Indiana State
Then finally, SDSU here in Macomb in front of probably 1,000 people (thanksgiving break).

Add in the fact that we play @ U of I early in the season, and that is one seriously brutal road schedule.

EDIT - did a little bit of number crunching based on this season's final Sagarin Rankings for all of Div. I. The game at U of I should be (based on rankings) our second easiest road game next season. The average ranking of the teams we play away games at next season, 62.3....in the vicinity of Michigan, Rutgers, and Colorado State. Seriously...we're essentially playing the bottom half of the Big 10 on the road next year.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU0812

I am glad Illini didn't get rid of their head coach as it makes me think we have even more of a shot at these guys! definitely will be at that game!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU0812 wrote:I am glad Illini didn't get rid of their head coach as it makes me think we have even more of a shot at these guys! definitely will be at that game!
Yup, I think we can take 'em ;)

I plan on being there too. Road trip down with my family. Might even take my sister-in-law, even though she's an Illini (was in the marching band for 4 years).
Also going to try to get down to Normal for the ISU game if I can.
wiu712

This banner is on the University's Facebook page:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... c4f4975338
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Here's the higher resolution version of it:

EDIT - and apparently someone didn't edit this before they posted it...
Urbana Chmpaign..also use of the name of the stadium for UNI, but not for any other locations
bodoyle

Hey Guys.

CCU alum here, and I have an older brother who is a poor, unfortunate WIU alum :lol: ;) ;)

Glad that we got you guys on the schedule for a home and home. I can only hope the results are better than they were in 2010. As you guys have mentioned, we made the playoffs the past few years. NDSU beat us the last two years. In 2013 it wasn't close, but last year we lost 39-32 at their place after some shoddy calls/no calls by the refs.

We lose our 3 time defending Big South Defensive Player of the Year in Quinn Backus at MLB, but we return All Everything QB Alex Ross (finished 7th in the Payton voting), and RB De'Angelo "Hop" Henderson and all of our WRs but one. I won't bore you guys with other details, but feel free to visit our site: www.coastalfans.com
wiu712

Welcome back, bodoyle!

I remember you stopping by here in 2010 during the Playoffs.

The home-and-home series with Coastal Carolina will be good!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

bodoyle wrote:Hey Guys.

CCU alum here, and I have an older brother who is a poor, unfortunate WIU alum :lol: ;) ;)

Glad that we got you guys on the schedule for a home and home. I can only hope the results are better than they were in 2010. As you guys have mentioned, we made the playoffs the past few years. NDSU beat us the last two years. In 2013 it wasn't close, but last year we lost 39-32 at their place after some shoddy calls/no calls by the refs.

We lose our 3 time defending Big South Defensive Player of the Year in Quinn Backus at MLB, but we return All Everything QB Alex Ross (finished 7th in the Payton voting), and RB De'Angelo "Hop" Henderson and all of our WRs but one. I won't bore you guys with other details, but feel free to visit our site: http://www.coastalfans.com
Welcome back Bodoyle. Yea, personally I think our game down at CCU next year will be our toughest OOC game of the year (as in...I think Illinois would be easier to beat). Should be a good test to see how much we've improved and if we're ready for conference play.

Don't be a stranger, and if you make it up to Macomb for the return game in 2017, be sure to stop by and say hi.
letsgonecks

If anyone will be making the Coastal Carolina game, keep an eye out for Ray Lewis. His cornerback son just transferred there from Miami. Maybe we could see him in Macomb in 2017 for the return game.

Also noticed EIU will also be playing ISU. Like that the Illinois teams will be playing each other.
Necks2003

I would watch out for Ray Lewis, he has been known to murder some folks!

A crazy night at the Pace and who knows what could happen.