Player coming and going?

farmers market

Heard a rumor Brett Taylor transferring out, anyone have a clue? Will Raffelson be back?
WIU0812

Really hope that's not true and don't know why he would as he is in line to start it seems plus WIU is his hometown. Crazier things have happened but seems it would be a poor move.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Same here...I was hoping he'd step up and this year we'd have Raffelson and Taylor as the primary LBs. He'd only be a sophomore next year, so we'd have 3 solid years of him starting (barring injuries or whatever).
The only thing I can think of (if true) is that maybe he looked at the LB situation, including possible incoming transfers and/or freshmen who might start right away, and decided that he actually wouldn't get much playing time.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
huskie

Trust me, Taylor is not leaving.
playermom/fan

Rest easy - he is not leaving - comes from a reliable source :P
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Good to hear. I was hoping there wasn't any substance to the rumor.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
LeatherCy

Can't believe he would leave. Talked to his dad last fall and he was telling me how Taylor turned down offers to visit D1 schools because he wanted to be a Leatherneck. I know Iowa State wanted him to visit along with Nick Severs but he turned them down. He has a very bright future at WIU. Besides his grandpa might disown him if he left! :D