Spring Ball

letsgonecks

So looks like spring ball starts next Tuesday, March 24th. Will end April 24th with the annual Bruce Craddock Memorial Spring Game.

Here's the coverage for the Valley's primer by the Sports Network. First time in a long time they've given the team any love.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf ... ?id=810393

What are other's thoughts coming into the spring.

Only concerns will be how shorthanded on experience we'll be in the spring at LB. 7 listed unless some freshman or Corbett enrolled early, but don't believe so. JJ is one listed and I'm sure he's not ready to return if in fact he does. That leaves Blumenshine (special teamer), 3 red-shirt freshman, Sophomore Brott with some experience and of course Taylor who will start. With the young safeties getting some reps last year, I wonder if Dallas Nichols might move up to LB.

Corner is another question mark as we lost basically everyone that suited up at corner last year. Luis Sharpe being the only one left that was ever listed on the 2 deep last year. Wondered if they'd ask Mireles to consider the switch as he's built like a strong corner with quickness. Like him on the offensive side, but have some players there and a solid year at CB might be his best shot at the next level.
Superneck

are we still without a D Coordinator to address these issues?
vatusay

A "celebrity" d coordinator was mentioned in another thread. Rich Westen being the first one.

Sincerely hope it's a sick joke.
#ALLIN #YOLO
huskie

Yes, it's a joke. Rich Westen, and the Westen family are great supporters of Leatherneck athletics and deserve some props.
Trust the process. Trust Coach Nielson.
vatusay

Great to hear haha
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

Getting a little early "off the radar" attention right now. I am hoping that turns into some later "up-and-comer" attention:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnf ... ?id=811679
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU0812

Looks like Nikko Watson is back on the roster and will be participating in Spring Practice.

http://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?r ... h=football
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Interview with Trenton Norvell: http://goleathernecks.com/news/2015/3/2 ... 53512.aspx

Sounds good (although he mispronounces Russ Michna's name ;))
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU0812

The video boards were removed from Western Hall and placed back at the football field yesterday it appears via twitter. That did not take to long, hopefully next year they can have them up in Western Hall within a week after football season. Practice makes perfect and they will have to be better at putting these up next year after doing it three times now. I am pretty sure there is a few extra panels when they place them in Western Hall sure would be nice if they could get enough for another full row on the Hanson Field board.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU0812 wrote:The video boards were removed from Western Hall and placed back at the football field yesterday it appears via twitter. That did not take to long, hopefully next year they can have them up in Western Hall within a week after football season. Practice makes perfect and they will have to be better at putting these up next year after doing it three times now. I am pretty sure there is a few extra panels when they place them in Western Hall sure would be nice if they could get enough for another full row on the Hanson Field board.
Yea, I think the delay after last season was mostly because they had to install the mounting and wiring system for the panels in Western Hall. That should all still be there and should take significantly less time to get put up next time.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000