Raffelson Leaving

WIU0812

There was an article on the goleathernecks site today that says Raffelson has called it quits due to injuries and will not be with us on his senior year. Big blow for the defense in my opinion if he was able to stay healthy and consistent from freshman year to senior he would of been in the draft I would suspect. If not he would of been picked up to a practice squad after draft. Wish him all the best and hopefully his future endeavors go well.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

That sucks...I was wishing he would have been able to come back well enough to play, both for the extra experience and talent on the defense as well as for him personally. As you mentioned, a good senior year and he could have been on the radar for some NFL teams. I feel for JJ, and he's got to do what's best for himself personally and for his future. I'm sure it was an incredibly tough decision and I wish him the best in his future endeavors.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

I wondered if that might happen. Sucks for us, but wishing all the best for him. I'm sure he has a bright future ahead in his chosen career. Godspeed, JJ!!!