WESTERN'S chances

leatherface

So, those of you who follow closely, what is WESTERN'S chances of a winning record this year- conference? Please, no "pie in the sky hopes", but a realistic idea of their conference record.
WIU0812

I would say they have about a 50 percent chance of a winning record of 6-5 this year, basically it is up in the air. We play such a tough schedule it is hard even with such a talented team to see us winning more than 6. If we happened to have all the cards right in the year I could maybe see 7-4, but I am holding to my 6-5 guess.
sealhall74

5-3 in Valley is very realistic this fall with probable road losses to NDSU and UNI. YSU is a big question mark with Pelini in command but we get them at home this year so we probably have a good shot against them. 6-2 would be a real stretch but the Redbirds are beatable even on the road as they tend to play down to the level of their competition more often than not. Lastly, I am very happy we get the Jacks at home in the final game of year. That could be a playoff clincher and you always want those games at home.

If we stay healthy, I am looking for good things to happen this year. Biggest question mark in my mind at this point is the running game which did not impress me much in the scrimmage the other night - few holes opened up and the RBs got clobbered.
Embrace the pace of the race.
lovethenecks

Based on the schedule and the strength of our opponents I will predict a 4-7 season or 3-8. The tough game to call is Eastern which should be a win for Western. Wins are Southern, South Dakota, Indiana State, and Eastern. I was right on last year when everyone else had 8 wins, playoffs, etc, etc. Could start 0-3, not teams fault, tough schedule.