Future Football Schedules

OldHare

dustinthorn93 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:52 pm
vatusay wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:07 pm How about the dakotas go play with each other just like back in the day, and we keep the MVFC. Heck, even go back to the gateway.
Sounds good to me!
You guys are starting to hurt my feelings that you do not want to play with us! :lol:
dustinthorn93

OldHare wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:36 pm
vatusay wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:07 pm How about the dakotas go play with each other just like back in the day, and we keep the MVFC. Heck, even go back to the gateway.
Sounds good to me!
You guys are starting to hurt my feelings that you do not want to play with us! :lol:
It's not you....it's our schools budget haha
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

dustinthorn93 wrote:
It's not you....it's our schools budget haha
Yeah, I've got nothing against NDSU and SDSU...kinda meh on UND and don't like USD because their coach. Problem is, we can't afford to be flying our guys up to the dakotas all the time. Idk what the schedule is going to shape up to be, but I'd bet it'll kinda be an informal north-south division, where the Dakota teams and the further south teams don't play each other quite as often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

Sounds good to me!
Yea, nothing personal. All the programs up there are pretty dang good. I don’t have any numbers to back it up, but I’d be willing to bet there is quite a bit more money being pumped into them than a lot of the MVFC schools.

I just don’t like how the conference footprint keeps expanding and becoming MUCH more Dakota centric. Pretty soon it will end up like the summit and I don’t want any part of that. It’s becoming a reboot of the north central conference.

Hopefully the results of the elections leads to a little more money for poor WIU.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

NDSU finalized their 2020 schedule already, so I've been putting together the full MVFC schedule that I have for that year. Our schedule specifically hasn't really changed from what's shown in the first post, but here's what I do know.
  • Back to an 11-game season, 3 OOC games, 8 conference games, 1 bye week
  • Bye week will no longer be at the start of conference games. I don't know specifically when ours will be, but NDSU has theirs in week 10, USD in week 7, and SDSU in week 11, so probably ours will be sometime in that range as well.
  • With the addition of North Dakota, there will be 11 teams in the conference, so each team will "miss" two teams. I assume that will rotate somewhat, but it looks like it'll be another 2-years and then switch (like we have been doing).
  • One of the teams we miss in 2020/2021 is North Dakota State. I don't know who the second team is, but it'll be one of: ILSU, INSU, MSU, UND, UNI, YSU. My guess is that it's UND because it looks like all the Dakota schools will all play each other and "miss" 2 non-Dakota schools. NDSU doesn't play SIU or WIU, USD doesn't play SIU or YSU, SDSU doesn't play ILSU or MSU. So our only trips to the Dakotas in either 2020 or 2021 will probably be @ USD and @ SDSU in 2020.
For anyone that's curious, I have what I know of the MVFC schedule for 2020 put together at the 2020 schedule tab here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ingle=true
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Official schedule released: https://goleathernecks.com/schedule.aspx?path=football
No changes from what I had posted in first post of the thread.
leatherneckcountry

I still think not having a home game until the 4th week of school is a big mistake
GV Dad

I'm not a big fan of our scheduling at all. I like playing one FBS per year, but our other Non Cons should all be winnable FCS games. Whoever thought Montana, Montana St and Eastern Washington were good ideas shouldn't be allowed to schedule anymore! LOL

The Valley is tough enough to give us the SOS we need. You schedule the FBS games for recruiting. But we need those 2 Automatic wins in the Non Con.
GV Dad

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:29 am Official schedule released: https://goleathernecks.com/schedule.aspx?path=football
No changes from what I had posted in first post of the thread.
By the way, great job nailing that schedule months ago man!!
leatherneckcountry

GV Dad wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:44 pm I'm not a big fan of our scheduling at all. I like playing one FBS per year, but our other Non Cons should all be winnable FCS games. Whoever thought Montana, Montana St and Eastern Washington were good ideas shouldn't be allowed to schedule anymore! LOL

The Valley is tough enough to give us the SOS we need. You schedule the FBS games for recruiting. But we need those 2 Automatic wins in the Non Con.
I remember my 1st game at WIU we played Valpo and we won by 40 I remember thinking man this is boring had our next game been like that I probably wouldn’t have gone back. The whole reason we made the playoffs a few years ago was because of the strength of schedule. Whoever scheduled most of these games probably isn’t around any more as I think either Nielsen or Tanney probably scheduled most of these games.