Future Football Schedules

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

huskie wrote:
LWE2012 wrote:Do anyone know if the 2 open 2016 dates have been filled yet? And if so who?
We are playing Northern Arizona at home on one of those dates.
Really? That's great!

Not denying anything, just curious...where'd you hear/find out?
I'd imagine they'd try to fit the game in on September 10th, then have a bye week on the 17th. It sucks that the bye week is that early, but that's just how the conference schedule is (and was last year)...nobody has bye weeks once the conference games start. Probably this will be a home & home, where we play out there the following year or the year after.

NAU is good, but not great. They finished 7-4 overall last year and play in the Big Sky conference.
As is typical (it seems) in the Big Sky, they give up quite a few points on defense (average of 34.8 points per game, 102nd in the FCS) but have a very high-powered offense (39.3 points per game, 7th in the FCS) and are led by one of the best QBs in the FCS, Freshman Case Cookus, who was named the CFPA FCS National Performer of the Year, National Freshman Performer of the Year, and Quarterback Award (http://nauathletics.com/sports/fball/20 ... 0112ydyfab), as well as receiving the STATS FCS Freshman of the Year award:
[tweet]685659201419513856[/tweet]

Cookus was #2 in the FCS in Passing Efficiency and Passing TDs, and 7th in Passing Yards per game. He put up an incredible 196.93 passing efficiency rating, completing 71.1% of his passes throughout the season.

Can't really predict how things may change for next year, but if we'd faced them this year, both offenses likely would have had a field day. Most of the prediction sites would give us about a 80-90% chance of winning, but it'd be a track meet....first team to 50 wins (that's honestly how about 5 of their wins last year played out...49+ points). Should be a great game, and a very solid opponent as well. Plus, it's not a D2 or even a non-scholarship FCS...so should be a pretty tough schedule again next year.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

huskie wrote:We are playing Northern Arizona at home on one of those dates.
Northern Arizona football games are played in the Sky Dome:
http://nauathletics.com/information/facilities/skydome
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote:
huskie wrote:We are playing Northern Arizona at home on one of those dates.
Northern Arizona football games are played in the Sky Dome:
http://nauathletics.com/information/facilities/skydome
Right, for when we go out there the following year (if a home & home...which is likely). 2016 would be here at Hanson Field.
ibleedpurpleandgold

it would make sense knowing there would be a few seniors that yr from Az.
huskie

I was told by our SID.
ibleedpurpleandgold

south dakota just posted there schedule they open @ New Mexico then they host Weber State before ending there non conference schedule @ north dakota.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

huskie wrote:I was told by our SID.
Awesome. Thanks for the update.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ibleedpurpleandgold wrote:south dakota just posted there schedule they open @ New Mexico then they host Weber State before ending there non conference schedule @ north dakota.
And apparently USD is getting a total of $875k for that game against New Mexico. They had been on the schedule to play Cal, but the game was bought out for $500k, then NM ponied up $375k to get USD down to their place. Not a bad haul.
ibleedpurpleandgold

ST_Lawson wrote:
ibleedpurpleandgold wrote:south dakota just posted there schedule they open @ New Mexico then they host Weber State before ending there non conference schedule @ north dakota.
And apparently USD is getting a total of $875k for that game against New Mexico. They had been on the schedule to play Cal, but the game was bought out for $500k, then NM ponied up $375k to get USD down to their place. Not a bad haul.
Also noticed NDSU plays Iowa.
letsgonecks

I bet we got calls from North Dakota and NAU after they were both left out of the playoffs. Could have been in the works before, but I'm guessing not and they wanted a shot the following year to see how we match up. If we were one of the last teams out and had the same week open, I'd want to play the last team in.

Either way, I like the game and should be a fun one.