Future Football Schedules

Western_101

why?

AHHHH, recruiting, Montana is a HUGE brand but only people that went there or played there would know that.

Trying to grab a little (or a lot) of MVFC recruit pipeline.
leatherneckcountry

wiu712 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:51 pm
WIU11DC wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:38 pm Saw on AGS that we are playing both Montana and Montana State next year. Hopefully one of those are at home.
We will be playing Montana at home in 2018 on Sept 15.

Montana State is saying that we will be playing out there on August 30, 2018.
Man I hate that we don't open at home on Thursdays anymore.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote:why?

AHHHH, recruiting, Montana is a HUGE brand but only people that went there or played there would know that.

Trying to grab a little (or a lot) of MVFC recruit pipeline.
That might be some of it, but really I think it has more to do with the MVFC/Big Sky scheduling agreement. It helps both conferences by giving us quality opponents OOC. That ups our SoS and probably better prepares our guys for playing in the conference.

I still wouldn't mind a DI cupcake every now and then though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

Ok, thats right. The MVFC-Big Sky challenge. I'm getting dementia :lol:
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just noticed that UNI has nearly the same OOC schedule we do...

They play two top-half Big Sky teams, one away, one home. And they play their local U of I.
For them, it's @Montana, vs Southern Utah, and @Iowa
For us, it's vs Montana, @Montana State, and @Illinois

Ours is easier though...actually, according to the current Sagarin rankings, we're favored over all of our OOC opponents...yes even Illinois.
That could change next year, but I think we still will have a good shot if we play well.
dustinthorn93

I've always wanted to live in Montana, so I'm pumped to go to the WIU-Montana game. I'm trying to convince my wife to go to the Bobcats game as family vacation haha. Not sure it's going to happen but hopefully.
Western_101

One could take in some sight seeing of the Badlands and the Black Hills on the way driving to Bozeman MT. Also Yellowstone National Park is in very close proximity to Bozeman. Could be a fun family vacation.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Games I'm thinking of going to that are currently on the schedule:
2018 - @ Illinois, @ Illinois State
2019 - should be @ UNI that year, so probably that. I'd like to get down to North Alabama because I have a few friends down there, but idk if I can make it work.
2020 - @ OK State, got some friends in that area as well...would love to make it down for that
2021 - @ Ball State, maybe @ Montana if I can swing it
2023 - @ Southern Utah...I have an aunt and uncle that have a place in Northern AZ, which isn't too far from there, so that would be fun to do.
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:13 pm Games I'm thinking of going to that are currently on the schedule:
2019 - should be @ UNI that year, so probably that. I'd like to get down to North Alabama because I have a few friends down there, but idk if I can make it work.
2020 - @ OK State, got some friends in that area as well...would love to make it down for that
2023 - @ Southern Utah...I have an aunt and uncle that have a place in Northern AZ, which isn't too far from there, so that would be fun to do.
We play @ISUr two years in a row. What is up with that?
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:44 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:13 pm Games I'm thinking of going to that are currently on the schedule:
We play @ISUr two years in a row. What is up with that?
Because of the way the MVFC schedule works, there's a team every year that we do not play. The last two years it was Youngstown State and the next two years it's South Dakota State. We had a home game against South Dakota State this year, which means that if we didn't switch, we'd be playing at SDSU next year. My guess is that because of how the rotational schedule worked out with YSU, their game against us next year needed to be here in Macomb. Because we're essentially swapping out an away game for a home game, they have to balance that out with an away game, so they shifted the ISU game back to Normal for next year. Otherwise we would have had 5 home and 3 away MVFC games in 2018. I would bet that they did it with Illinois State rather than NDSU or someone because ISU is the closest, so travel costs are less, more of our fans could make the trip, etc.
So, next year we should play at home: Youngstown State, North Dakota State, Northern Iowa, and Indiana State
Away: Illinois State, Missouri State, Southern Illinois, South Dakota