Future Football Schedules

Leatherneck177

ST_Lawson wrote:
Leatherneck177 wrote:From what I've heard NAU is still on next year as is our FBS game at Coastal Carolina. ST Xavier is still on.... :(
Wait, so we're still on the schedule for CC, but it was moved there? I hadn't heard anything about that so I just assumed the game was off.

Yes, moved there since it's our FBS game. Disappointing, would've been nice to host them. Our home schedule really sucks for OOC.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I'm putting together the full MVFC schedule grid. Here's what I have so far: http://bit.ly/MVFC2017
I have question marks next to our OOC games, since I haven't seen confirmation of any of the specific dates yet. It seems likely that those are the three games we'll be playing, just don't know in what order/dates.

If you happen to see any information about anything that would be applicable to the schedules, please let me know.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote:I'm putting together the full MVFC schedule grid. Here's what I have so far: http://bit.ly/MVFC2017
I have question marks next to our OOC games, since I haven't seen confirmation of any of the specific dates yet. It seems likely that those are the three games we'll be playing, just don't know in what order/dates.

If you happen to see any information about anything that would be applicable to the schedules, please let me know.
For better or worse, I just bought another week of Marriott timeshare "stuff". Would be nice if we could publicize the "official" schedule for 2017 so I know if I can put it too good use for the NAU and CCU road games. That is nothing less than due diligence the way I look at it.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

The full conference schedule for next year is available at the above link now, assuming all schools start conference play the same weekend. I have partial schedules for NDSU and SDSU for 2018 already too, so I can start putting our schedule together for that as well.

Also, I know that in '18/'19, we do not play against SDSU.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Confirmation on our game at Northern Arizona in 2017. It will be September 9th in Flagstaff: http://www.nauathletics.com/sports/fbal ... 1202rad836

Also, looks like they screwed up my MVFC schedule grid, with Illinois State also playing at NAU, but close to halfway through the season, on October 7th. I had assumed all OOC games for MVFC teams would be the first 3-4 weeks of the season.
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote:Confirmation on our game at Northern Arizona in 2017. It will be September 9th in Flagstaff: http://www.nauathletics.com/sports/fbal ... 1202rad836

Also, looks like they screwed up my MVFC schedule grid, with Illinois State also playing at NAU, but close to halfway through the season, on October 7th. I had assumed all OOC games for MVFC teams would be the first 3-4 weeks of the season.
Sweeeeetttt. I am booked at Marriott Canyon Villas in Phoenix the Thurs before to the following Tues. DBacks get back in town that Friday. Best thing about that resort is they let you use all of the amenities at the Marriott Desert Ridge Resort and Spa just down the street. I have stayed at both places before. Absolutely no regrets. About 2 hour very scenic drive up to Flagstaff.
Leatherneck177

It would be even better if we could get Saint Xavier, the non counter off the schedule. I'm sure it is a tremendous program, but the reality is there is no upside. Imagine if the team goes 7-4, that would be only 6 DI wins, placing Western on the bubble. Brutal.
sealhall74

Leatherneck177 wrote:It would be even better if we could get Saint Xavier, the non counter off the schedule. I'm sure it is a tremendous program, but the reality is there is no upside. Imagine if the team goes 7-4, that would be only 6 DI wins, placing Western on the bubble. Brutal.
The upside is you know you have to play your ass off in the conference to earn a berth. JSU went 10-2 this year opening up with D2 North Alabama on their schedule.
W1U

Just saw on Twitter they announced a home and home with Montana for 2019 and 2021 (I think).
wiu712