Future Men's BBall Schedules

leatherneckcountry

Sat May 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Saw there is a summit league vs WAC challenge for at least the next 2 yrs
NIU#1FBinIL

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:52 pm

"Word on the street" says that NIU will play WIU in basketball this upcoming season.

Nothing official released as of yet, but I'm assuming NIU will host the game but not certain about that.
Necks2003

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:06 am

NIU#1FBinIL wrote:
"Word on the street" says that NIU will play WIU in basketball this upcoming season.

Nothing official released as of yet, but I'm assuming NIU will host the game but not certain about that.
I don't know why they wouldn't try and do a home and home series of games with NIU every year similiar to what is done with EIU. Each team struggles to get home games to begin with, and it isn't like either team selling thousands of tickets. Win, win for both sides.
NIU#1FBinIL

Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Necks2003 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:06 am
NIU#1FBinIL wrote:

I don't know why they wouldn't try and do a home and home series of games with NIU every year similiar to what is done with EIU. Each team struggles to get home games to begin with, and it isn't like either team selling thousands of tickets. Win, win for both sides.
Nothing has been released officially so this year's game may end up being a part of a home-and-home series. Guess we'll find out when the details are released publicly.

The part of the interview with the NIU BBall coach where he "leaked" this info was centered around NIU having difficulties finding teams to play, so it wouldn't surprise me if the one in-state team NIU was able to schedule involves a home-and-home.