New Direction

sealhall74

I did some Googling on developing consistency in sports and found things which you would logically expect to be there:

1) Set your goals
2) Develop a routine
3) Stick with it!

However, on the flipside is this from Oscar Wilde:
"Consistency is the hallmark of the unimaginative."

I think what Oscar is saying is you will never reach your full potential if all you do is strive for consistency. You have to experiment a bit, accept failures during the process, and move on to something else.

I kind of agree with Oscar.

Whatever, some ingredient is either missing or too prevalent in our current approach.
That is intuitively obvious to the most casual observer.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leathernecks1

The million dollar question is, "Does one win save Coach Wright's job"? I hope not. In my opinion, the only way he shoukd keep his job is by winning the SLT. Also, that should only buy him 2 more years. I really hope they win the SLT and Billy keeps his job and can make this program a contender for years to come, but I have my doubts.
wiu2013

There is always one "Debbie Downer" in the crowd! Let them enjoy their moment TODAY!
leatherneckcountry

leathernecks1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:38 am The million dollar question is, "Does one win save Coach Wright's job"? I hope not. In my opinion, the only way he shoukd keep his job is by winning the SLT. Also, that should only buy him 2 more years. I really hope they win the SLT and Billy keeps his job and can make this program a contender for years to come, but I have my doubts.
I think a change is needed and if things were more stable at the university I think it would have happened already but as bad as the results have been on the court things have been positive around the team off the court
meganeck

I'm assuming since they are doing AD interviews that no hiring or firings will happen until the AD has been hired. I still think that Billy is back though probably, especially if true that he has time left on his contract.
Necks2003

I thought Wright only had a year to year contract, but I could be wrong. Without having an AD currently on board, Wright will likely be around for another year. By the time an AD is on board and fully up to speed, It's likely going to be too late in the gain to fire a basketball head coach with recruiting season coming up.

Here's to the best for next season!
leatherneckcountry

Necks2003 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:27 pm I thought Wright only had a year to year contract, but I could be wrong. Without having an AD currently on board, Wright will likely be around for another year. By the time an AD is on board and fully up to speed, It's likely going to be too late in the gain to fire a basketball head coach with recruiting season coming up.

Here's to the best for next season!
I thought the same thing but was quickly told I was wrong.
Neckfansince71

You know, the guys played Billy Ball for the entirety of both games and almost won the second. Something was different, the players finally trusted the system instead of losing their focus and trying to change the game as individuals instead of as team-mates. Clarr has come along way. I really think we will be okay next year. Just got to believe in the system. That's what Coach Mo was able to do and as boring as it was it worked. ;) jc
sealhall74

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:51 pm You know, the guys played Billy Ball for the entirety of both games and almost won the second. Something was different, the players finally trusted the system instead of losing their focus and trying to change the game as individuals instead of as team-mates. Clarr has come along way. I really think we will be okay next year. Just got to believe in the system. That's what Coach Mo was able to do and as boring as it was it worked. ;) jc
I think they played with some on-ball intensity that was missing during the regular season. But the system (i.e. packline defense) ultimately came back to bite them IMO as NDSU knocked down their open 3 looks, especially in the first half. Giving up the 3s is the number one disadvantage of the packline. No system is perfect - that is why you mix and match against your opponent.

http://marker.to/zg0VH8
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:51 pm You know, the guys played Billy Ball for the entirety of both games and almost won the second. Something was different, the players finally trusted the system instead of losing their focus and trying to change the game as individuals instead of as team-mates. Clarr has come along way. I really think we will be okay next year. Just got to believe in the system. That's what Coach Mo was able to do and as boring as it was it worked. ;) jc
Maybe Mo can come back as an asst coach, since more than likely Miles is getting fired at Nebraska lol