2016/17 Schedule

NotJuanJones

Writing from American University (Patriot League) in Washington, D.C. There is a rumor that WIU will be playing AU in basketball this year and wanted to check what you all may have heard about it. Thanks!
sealhall74

NotJuanJones wrote:Writing from American University (Patriot League) in Washington, D.C. There is a rumor that WIU will be playing AU in basketball this year and wanted to check what you all may have heard about it. Thanks!
I have no confirm on it but I live only 25.7 miles from Bender Arena so if it is true, there will be at least one purple-clad fan in attendance. Based on the pictures of Bender, we should feel pretty much at home in your house. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
loyalfan

make it 2 purple-clad fans, if true...
sealhall74

No longer any rumors about the schedule. Sorry guys, no AU Eagles this year.

http://goleathernecks.com/news/2016/9/7 ... all-w.aspx
Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

Select D-I Universities home games:

Western 11 D-I games
Eastern 12 D-I games
Bradley 14 D-I games
Illinois St 14 D-I games
Southern 14 D-I games
Northern 14 D-I games

Also, noticed Eastern is able to schedule a home game vs. Bradley.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

From twitter, here's a nice "visual" of this year's schedule:
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
JoeWx21

I like the schedule. Nice tough pre conference schedule to get the team ready for summit league play. I know you guys want more games at home especially against D-I team, but let's remember in the last 10 years WIU has only have 2 good years. Weak RPI and SOS hurts WIU chances of hosting or playing other D-I teams, because just like football your schedule matters. Teams do not want to play schools with weak RPIs and SOSs because a bad loss or weak win could hurt someone chances between NCAA tournament or NIT or CBI or CIT.

So let's enjoy what the team could get and hope for a bounce back year.
Western_101

JoeWx21 wrote:I like the schedule. Nice tough pre conference schedule to get the team ready for summit league play. I know you guys want more games at home especially against D-I team, but let's remember in the last 10 years WIU has only have 2 good years. Weak RPI and SOS hurts WIU chances of hosting or playing other D-I teams, because just like football your schedule matters. Teams do not want to play schools with weak RPIs and SOSs because a bad loss or weak win could hurt someone chances between NCAA tournament or NIT or CBI or CIT.

So let's enjoy what the team could get and hope for a bounce back year.
Why do you gotta try being logical and using facts? I had an emotional reaction. I was under the impression my impulses impressed people.
loyalfan

Wow...just wow...the picture with Coach and the players on the bench is unbelievable...A great photo shop hoax or some very bad editing...i dont think its me???
vatusay

I think I'm missing it?
#ALLIN #YOLO