2 new additions to MBB staff

Superneck

Western Illinois Men’s Basketball Announces Addition of Joshua Jones to Coaching Staff

Fighting Leatherneck Men’s Basketball Announces Addition of Jestin Anderson to Coaching Staff

I may be wrong and I get that everyone has to start somewhere, but according to my math, with the exception of Coach Wright's one year as an asst at Ball State, we have no one on the coaching staff with any Div I coaching experience outside of Western...

This program continues to slide into obscurity...
vatusay

Pssshhh, experience is overrated.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Tere North

I'd say JD has done pretty darn good coming from D2; don't see why it can't be the same for the men.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Here's some more info about both of them: http://hoopdirt.com/western-illinois-staff-update/

I don't think DI experience is a necessity...everyone has to start somewhere, and in terms of a DI program, we're not really sitting on (or even near) the top of the heap at this point.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

Scott agree, WIU will not have experienced assistants beating down their door to apply, so they will have to get up and comers.
sealhall74

Disappointed a little but I will keep my fingers crossed. Our biggest weakness for the last decade (minus 2 TP years) has been inside the paint. Now Billy gets two former guards to help him out. At this late date, you probably dont have a lot to choose from but I would have been looking for someone with experience playing inside the paint and developing big men. I could care less whether it was D2 or even D3.
Embrace the pace of the race.