Gameday @EIU

sealhall74

Better late than never is the way I look at it. Watching on OVC Network and listening on WRMS-FM. Make that trying to listen to it. More technical glitches on the radio side. The Panthers have been up about 10 for most of the game. Still time for a miraculous comeback. Believe me when I say things like that can happen. Sometimes it happens twice in one day. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Final is
73-64 Panthers

Billy has another chemistry experiment to work on this year trying to find out what combination(s) of players give him best opportunity to win.
Embrace the pace of the race.
JoeWx21

Wow do they suck. I have no doubt they have a God given talent to dribble and shoot, but when it comes to basketball I.Q. they are as illiterate as book nerd around girls. 8-24 on 3 point attempts, especially taking a 3 point shot within 10 seconds of "running" the offense. 21 turnovers and 26 fouls. There is absolutely no discipline on this team. Coach Wright can say we are discipline and All In, but when you commit to the same stupid mistakes game after game there is none (and I am also referring to last season).

This is going to be one of the biggest disappointing year in Men's athletics in football and basketball. I know we are a small school, but it maybe time for President Thomas to oversee the A.D. and bring some changes. Ever since Tommy Bell left for SIU it seems like the department has taken 10 steps backwards. This is one alumni who is disappointed. I don't how many others or supporters are as well.
wiu2017

The constant subbing is at the root of all the turnovers, and screw ups. He needs to platoon sub.. let them play as a group. This game was embarrassing. They play like an AAU team. Gilbeck cant get it done, should be coming off the bench. The team exists so Covington can get points, not to win. Hopefully Coach is just experimenting and figures it out.
JoeWx21

That is what the off season is for. It is not the players, it's the coach. If I remember correctly when coach Wright came here he said the offense would run more? All I am seeing is that boring Molinari offense which tells me he has on confidence in anyone else (except covington) to score. The defense is good, but the stupid mistakes they commit on offense should have been taken care off during their camps.
wiu2017

Covington doesn't play D, Does Not block out, is out of position like a freshman. Cant get his teamates the ball. He did make freethrows at least and some threes. So lets celebrate that he has made a lot of threes.. So stupid.
wiu712

Eastern Illinois wins the game 73-64.

Garret Covington led the Western scoring with 22 points.

Attendance at EIU = 392.

Eastern Illinois will be at Western Hall on Saturday, Dec 10, for a 2PM game.
Necks2003

Team seemed to lack a sense of urgency. This roster does not appear talented enough to play 10 deep. Need a solid starting 5 along with 2-3 platoon guys. I have to admit Bruster and the new kid Duff seem to move the ball better., just need to get people moving again and quit missing easy shots.

This was a bad loss. Everything is going to start getting more difficult from here on.
JoeWx21

Well no one else will say it so I will

The WIU Men's Basketball Team is SOFT.

Bunch of divas who think they are good but seeing the reality they are not.

Multiple and stupid Turnovers each game, taking stupid shots, committing dumb fouls, and no inside game.

AGAIN Coach Billy Wright your Basketball Team is SOFT...WEAK...HAS NO HEART

I hope someone send this to them.

(and yes I am more vocal then usual and pissed off because I have no clue why when one of these programs get a taste of success they take 2 steps back. I am jealous some of the more season alums have seen these programs once thrive and succeed and I want that. 10 years in Macomb and saw one championship team (2012 basketball team) and 4 playoff appearances (2010 and 2015 football, and 2012 and 2013 basketball). So this could be frustration coming out, but when you see conservative and non-discipline coaching going on wasting good talent that pisses me off more then seeing a good team, playing good games being beat by better talent).
wiu2013

JoeWx21 wrote:Well no one else will say it so I will

The WIU Men's Basketball Team is SOFT.

Bunch of divas who think they are good but seeing the reality they are not.

Multiple and stupid Turnovers each game, taking stupid shots, committing dumb fouls, and no inside game.

AGAIN Coach Billy Wright your Basketball Team is SOFT...WEAK...HAS NO HEART

I hope someone send this to them.

(and yes I am more vocal then usual and pissed off because I have no clue why when one of these programs get a taste of success they take 2 steps back. I am jealous some of the more season alums have seen these programs once thrive and succeed and I want that. 10 years in Macomb and saw one championship team (2012 basketball team) and 4 playoff appearances (2010 and 2015 football, and 2012 and 2013 basketball). So this could be frustration coming out, but when you see conservative and non-discipline coaching going on wasting good talent that pisses me off more then seeing a good team, playing good games being beat by better talent).