@ Miamii (OH)

wiu712

Miami (Ohio) wins the game 81-72 by out-scoring Western 50-38 in the 2nd half.

Garrett Covington led the Western scoring with 29 points. Playing in his first game this season, Mike Miklusak scored 14 points. C.J. Duff had 12.

Attendance at Oxford, Ohio = 1,083.
Necks2003

Not sure why, but they seem to lose the last 5 minutes of every game. And the little amount of inside game seems to completely go by the wayside during the same stretch.
JoeWx21

It's kind of find it funny how I read some of the post after the game, and it is the same things I said a game or 2 ago. Now I may be the newbie on here but it seems like my words goes by the wayside then show up later in other people's post. I said it last season...too much mid range to 3 point shooting, and the ball doesn't seem to go inside. This offense works if you have good jump shooters. This team does not have that.

I said it once and I'll say it again...this team is soft and unless something change expect this for the rest of the year.
wiu2017

Covington Moves into Top 10 of WIU Career Scoring List in Loss at Miami University
I'm just so glad that covington had 29, I mean thats all WIU cares about, nevermind the win/loss column .. We can lose every game but as long as Cov gets his scoring stats.. (sarcastic tone). I'm rewatching the game, we always lose in the final 5 minutes because of coach Wright being stuck in his thinking.. He gets out coached in the second half. Sorry I hate to be so hard on coach but the players and fans are who matter, he's getting paid.. HIs erratic subbing makes no sense and I bet if there was a number of subs in a game stat, WIU would be leading the NCAA. (half joking)
Anyway just rejoice in Cov racking up points,,

Mike Miklusak is not a soft player, Ancrum is not so soft but skinny, Snyder is not soft.... Gilbeck is a marshmallow,, just sayin the whole team is not soft.. but it all comes down to the coach..
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Wow, we are getting exceptionally good at those come-from-ahead defeats :lol:
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

wiu2017 wrote:Covington Moves into Top 10 of WIU Career Scoring List in Loss at Miami University
I'm just so glad that covington had 29, I mean thats all WIU cares about, nevermind the win/loss column .. We can lose every game but as long as Cov gets his scoring stats.. (sarcastic tone). I'm rewatching the game, we always lose in the final 5 minutes because of coach Wright being stuck in his thinking.. He gets out coached in the second half. Sorry I hate to be so hard on coach but the players and fans are who matter, he's getting paid.. HIs erratic subbing makes no sense and I bet if there was a number of subs in a game stat, WIU would be leading the NCAA. (half joking)
Anyway just rejoice in Cov racking up points,,

Mike Miklusak is not a soft player, Ancrum is not so soft but skinny, Snyder is not soft.... Gilbeck is a marshmallow,, just sayin the whole team is not soft.. but it all comes down to the coach..
Covington just passed Garrick Vicks and David Jackson on the career scoring list and in my mind they both were better players than Covington and I'm not knocking Covington because he is a damn good player.Just stating an opinion and honestly Vicks is probably in the top 3 in players at WIU, I have personally seen, which spans 25 years or so.