11/29 @ American U

wiu2013

So, bottom line is people are going to complain either way! If they lose a 10-point lead someone is going to complain, if we play slow "MO" ball someone will complain! I have just learned in life and basketball that no matter how great it is someone is going to complain!
wiu2017

With regard to Covington, lots of scoring on a team that loses like WIU doesn't mean much.. He is just a good shooter not great, he hurts the team almost as much as he helps. He is good at getting to the line and making freethrows and makes 40% of his 3s. But not a good passer, way to many turnovers for a senior, etc. On D, I've never seen him block a shot, isn't good at guarding any position, forgets to block out, etc etc. He really hasn't had a great defender on him yet. Last year NDSU put Cory brown on him, and shut him down. He is mostly hype. I've seen this crap before. It kills the team.. But its not his fault its Coaching. He would play on many D1 teams but wouldn't be the star like people think he is at WIU
wiu2017

CJ Duff, has done nothing but make some threes and shown poise for a freshman. He is not tall and not that explosive. He should have red shirted because he is no better than Delo Bruster. In todays NCAA D! i f you are 6' you need to be lightning quick like the kid Delonte for american, and the point guard for Eastern Illinois, the game is called different now, it gives quickness the advantage, CJ is big and strong, and can shoot, thats old school guards
vatusay

I couldnt disagree more with the comment Covington is the best player to ever come through wiu's doors.

CC3
TP
Obi
David Jackson
Euliz Baez

Just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

I would honestly put Fuller up there with him from last year.

Edit: just say statement was "one of the greatest". That is more agreeable to me, but also debateable.
#ALLIN #YOLO
vatusay

Also, miklusak has impressed me his time back.

The seniors this year were Billy's recruits his last year with mo, correct? Molinari coached one year after billy left? So all the players are Billy's minus the juniors right?
#ALLIN #YOLO
letsgonecks

What I don't understand is the philosophy of not trying to rebound. Maybe he's trying to limit the fouls, but giving up on the boards isn't helping. Every team we face hits the offensive boards with a 1 or 2 guys and do so with success, so why not WIU? We're not even forcing them to work for their defensive rebounds and potentially causing a miscue.

Last night, later in the game a missed free throw from us hit right in the middle of the lane and looked to have bounced twice before they grabbed it. Both our players and the shooter where already running back down the court and didn't come close to trying to rebound. Those are offensive boards against us. If you're facing a team that does nothing but push the ball and do it efficiently, then I get it. Don't get it against, American, Miami, and EIU.

All but the walk-ons are playing anyways, so who cares if you pick up some extra fouls. You have depth and who knows you might get some extra rebounds and points.

Switch it up, cause this isn't working. Like with football, maybe play nickle with an extra DB against passing teams. Move Moon to RE to pass rush with more speed. I'm just a fan and no coach, so these are just my opinions and might not work for shit!!!!!
sealhall74

A month ago, if someone told me that on Dec 1, BOTH the Necks and Jacks would have RPIs in 320+ range, I would have told them they have a screw loose. But such is the state of the world. Do really smart coaches know when their program is going to take a serious downturn and hit the road for greener pastures before it becomes all too obvious? Probably.

http://rpiratings.com/mensrpi.php
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:A month ago, if someone told me that on Dec 1, BOTH the Necks and Jacks would have RPIs in 320+ range, I would have told them they have a screw loose.
WOW. Western is #349 out of 351 teams. Only Alabama A&M and Longwood come in lower.

As a conference, the Summit League is #25 out of 32.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

It's so bad, you just gotta laugh...

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu2013

wiu2017 wrote:CJ Duff, has done nothing but make some threes and shown poise for a freshman. He is not tall and not that explosive. He should have red shirted because he is no better than Delo Bruster. In todays NCAA D! i f you are 6' you need to be lightning quick like the kid Delonte for american, and the point guard for Eastern Illinois, the game is called different now, it gives quickness the advantage, CJ is big and strong, and can shoot, thats old school guards
CJ Duff is a freshman. Moving from high school to college and showing poise is big at this point. We seem to forget this is the Summit League, so you are not getting the cream of the crop players. CJ and Delo play two different positions. CJ can shoot the ball from a range and Delo can not!