12/3 Chicago State

beauspencer

Embarrassing.
leatherneckcountry

I can't believe they raised ticket prices and that is the product on the floor.
vatusay

Well, glad I was too busy to attend or watch on espn3.
#ALLIN #YOLO
vatusay

sealhall74 wrote:83-76 Cougars

Some TOs are worse than others. Did not like the clear out for Covington at end of regulation. Should have got a better shot than a long one. Plenty of time for them to run some offense and force the issue inside the paint.
The unfortunate truth is this team has no offense. If Covington locked down no one else wants the shot or passes up on a opportunity to score.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

Chicago State won its first road game of the season today 83-76 in overtime.

Garrett Covington led the Western scoring with 30 points. Mike Miklusak had 19. C.J. Duff had 11.

Chicago State was 11 for 18 (61%) on three-pointers.

Attendance at Western Hall = 823.

The Western Pep Band made its first appearance of the basketball season. It does make a difference in the game-day atmosphere when the band is there.

I did hear that the Western Admissions office has been busy with applications for 2017-2018. Now we need to hope that Rauner, Madigan, et al come up with the funding to keep the place open.
sealhall74

vatusay wrote:

Some TOs are worse than others. Did not like the clear out for Covington at end of regulation. Should have got a better shot than a long one. Plenty of time for them to run some offense and force the issue inside the paint.
The unfortunate truth is this team has no offense. If Covington locked down no one else wants the shot or passes up on a opportunity to score.
If the only thing a coach has confidence in is the perimeter shooting, might as well leverage it with some "Paul (Westhead) Ball".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_and_gun_(basketball)

Cov, CJ, Little Mike, and Dalan could light it up IMO.
Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

Something needs to change. I've wondered why they don't try to run since they are an athletic team with not much size besides gilbeck.

Side note. UNO beat Iowa this afternoon.
#ALLIN #YOLO
loyalfan

If we could have just some sort of inside game. I mean there is nothing....I think we have some guys who can score, given the right play call/situation...but those guys seem to ride the bench...Unless I missed something, I dont understand why Snyder is not in there more...He seems pretty solid around the basket... Oh well........I dont know what this current line-up can do to improve the results...they seem to be as good as they are gonna get...which unfortuantely, isnt good enough...Im bummed.
Last edited by loyalfan on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meganeck

I don't understand the point of recruiting JUCO players if you aren't going to play them, they need to be players that play and make an impact.

Since they went 7-2 to start the season last year, they have gone 5-21 since then. With 2 wins against non-division 1 opponents.
meganeck

I agree didn't like the last play in regulation, everybody knew it was going to be Covington, would have been nice to have Mike in that situation. Need an inside game and someone besides Mike and Garrett to step up. Ancrum has disappeared.