Eastern 12/10

vatusay

Wonder what attendance would have been without women's game following men's.
#ALLIN #YOLO
JoeWx21

So anyone else ready for the upcoming baseball season or talk about recruits needed for football...we can go ahead and say this terrible coaching, talent wasting somewhat of a basketball team is done
vatusay

Well, with this season clearly over, and possibly the wright era, I've found myself wondering what caliber of coach could WIU possibly attract.

Will they perform a "national search" like they had to with the football position this time around?
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu2013

They could find someone, but not sure about the caliber. What caliber coach wants to hear that you are one of the lowest paid in the conference and by the way you will also be furloughed by the university for several thousand dollars.
Can the university afford to do a national search, pay a new coach, and coach Wright?
sealhall74

Well, Brandon Gilbeck's dad is coaching in the Wisconsin JUCO ranks at the moment. I just watched Brandon's senior year highlights again. A lot of bunnies against kids a foot shorter but I would bet my last bottom dollar that with his Dad as coach Brandon would be averaging in the 8-12 PPG range at this point in his career. Probably go with a lot more zone defense as well because it appears that is what Brandon did in HS. His Dad also director of a fitness/wellness center up there. Probably knows a thing or two about nurturing some tender ankles, knees, and wrists. He might be willing to come down for a two year stint. And you think I am just joking here? Wrong. Even if Billy stays, something needs to change.
Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

wiu2013 wrote:They could find someone, but not sure about the caliber. What caliber coach wants to hear that you are one of the lowest paid in the conference and by the way you will also be furloughed by the university for several thousand dollars.
Can the university afford to do a national search, pay a new coach, and coach Wright?
Exactly.

The state is in absolute shambles. That is probably the biggest negative associated with this position for anyone interested in it.

Gilbecks dad would be interesting hire for help, I don't know about the top position. Although, all I know about him is what you have informed us on, seal.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu2017

Wow, that would be interesting.. Wright fired that one coach, I forgot his name, he was from Minnesota, He was actually associate head coach, He obviously disagreed with Wright, so bring him back.. He knows the team.
vatusay

Was wade hokenson I believe?
#ALLIN #YOLO
leatherneckcountry

The
wiu2017 wrote:Wow, that would be interesting.. Wright fired that one coach, I forgot his name, he was from Minnesota, He was actually associate head coach, He obviously disagreed with Wright, so bring him back.. He knows the team.
Wade left on his own however I know someone who was really close with another coach who left who had nothing good to say about wright when he left said there was no player accountability during practices I remember going to the game at IUPUI during Ceola and Parks senior year I told him nice Win coach and he didn't even acknowledge me.
vatusay

Ah, no player accountability.

Another parallel to DT.

What is Wright's contract? I don't remember hearing anything besides the one year deals.
#ALLIN #YOLO