at UW-Milwaukee

letsgonecks

First game I chose to not suffer through.......Didn't check the score till 1 minute left and thought something was wrong with my ESPN app.

Let's keep it up!!!!!
meganeck

Great win for the men, maybe the season isn't lost. Hopefully this gives them some confidence and they go onto a decent season
wiu2013

It is almost a shame the next game is Purdue. I think this was a great boost for their confidence, especially Brandon. I hope Purdue does not deflate their confidence especially having to play Ft. Wayne and IUPUI on the road to begin conference.

From what I have heard in the past Ceola was offered the Operations job when Coach Wright returned since he had to keep the assistant coaches, and was offered an assistant position again in recent years. My understanding was that he wants to play as long as can before possibly pursuing coaching.
wiu712

Western beats UW-Milwaukee 75-59.

Brandon Gilbeck led the Western scoring with 15 points! Mike Miklusak and Garrett Covington each had 14. Delo Bruster had 13. C.J. Duff had 11.

Western was 9 for 19 on three-point attempts.

Attendance at Milwaukee = 893.

Western will be at Purdue on Monday. Game time is 7PM. The game will be on The Big Ten Network.
wiu2017

Best game Covington has played. He was getting after it on D, Finding his teamates, and not turning the ball over, and scored ,and got fouled..

Gilbeck finally realized he is 6 inches from the rim..lol.. I loved it when he overhead cleared and busted the defender lip.. He is getting more aggressive,, like I said he needs to be Shaq not Tim Duncan.

Poor SAndifer was actually playing good I thought, then got benched, Delo played most the game..

We shot the 3 ball great, We will need that against Purdue,, just hoping to not get blown out..

Key to Purdue game, get some steals, aggressive D on the guards, shoot 60% from 3...lol.. easy right..
wiu2013

I believe Jabari picked up two fouls early and had to sit in the first half then picked up foul three rather quickly in the second and had to sit. He had to sit this game because of fouls not for throwing turning the ball over.

It was good to see Dalan get a chance to test that ankle the last couple of minutes of the game under no pressure of the game. I know he has been day-to-day with a high ankle sprain.
loyalfan

HAL A Lou Ya...(Dont know how to spell it correctly)...Holy Shit!...Where's the tylenol?! That was a good game..thats what I was waiting to see us play like...Win or Lose, thats the way this team needs to play IMO
vatusay

Yes, as a team. Move the ball. Spread the scoring around. Have inside game with outside shooting. Hope this gets the guys going into conference play.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Necks2003

It's about time.

Big red needs to impose his will and play like this every game. He will need to play tough against Purdue if they want a chance to stay in the game. Their center is pretty legit.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Looks like Tate was there also (in addition to the previously-mentioned CC3)...

[tweet]810285900827656192[/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000