at Purdue

sealhall74

wiu2013 wrote:Did anyone else notice Jabari went through the line at the end of the game on crutches?
I think DeLo played well if he has now inherited a starting position, but unfortunately he is the only point guard so someone else is going to have to play that position also.
Ancrum can play point in a pinch. Seems to do a decent job finding the open man.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Purdue won the game 82-50.

Mike Miklusak, an Indiana native who attended high school 85 miles from the Purdue campus, led Western with 16 points and 11 rebounds.

Western shot 31 percent (19 for 61) from the field.

Western was 10 for 22 on three-point attempts.

Western was out-rebounded 51-29.

The Purdue website is calling us "Western Washington". http://www.purduesports.com/view.gal?id=200466
wiu2017

sealhall74 wrote:
wiu2013 wrote:Did anyone else notice Jabari went through the line at the end of the game on crutches?
I think DeLo played well if he has now inherited a starting position, but unfortunately he is the only point guard so someone else is going to have to play that position also.
Ancrum can play point in a pinch. Seems to do a decent job finding the open man.
In this offense 1,2,3 are kinda interchangeable.. so doesn't matter that Jabari is out. Ancrum can get into the paint dish out to shooters or dump it to post, or score. Doesn't have to play point but needs to be in the game. Duff and Delo are good, but have no length, why have both in the game..

We still don't crash the offensive boards ,, Why not,,
leatherneckcountry

Dalan problem is that he's probably the worst defender that I've ever seen.
wiu2017

leatherneckcountry wrote:Dalan problem is that he's probably the worst defender that I've ever seen.
Really?????
he has probably the most deflections and blocked shots on the team with limited playing time, . Yes Ancrum has a hard time staying in front of small quick guards but who doesn't, he has improved and he plays help defense.. He challenges three point shots,.. When he is in, our Defense is better..
I could shoot over Delo or Duff,, but not Ancrum. Height, length, and leaping ability matter,, its basketball, not soccer
wiu712

Attendance at Purdue = 10,846.
sealhall74

wiu2017 wrote:
leatherneckcountry wrote:Dalan problem is that he's probably the worst defender that I've ever seen.
Really?????
he has probably the most deflections and blocked shots on the team with limited playing time, . Yes Ancrum has a hard time staying in front of small quick guards but who doesn't, he has improved and he plays help defense.. He challenges three point shots,.. When he is in, our Defense is better..
I could shoot over Delo or Duff,, but not Ancrum. Height, length, and leaping ability matter,, its basketball, not soccer
I think he does need some work on defense. He has length for sure, but his feet are usually spread much wider than his rather narrow shoulders. That is a big no-no. I like what he brings to the table on offense but even there he needs some balance work. Some of his shots end up being fades when they don't really need to be. That is one of the toughest shots to master in the game. If a guard can master that one along with the floater, the sky is the limit.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu2013

I respectfully disagree that 1,2, and 3 are interchangeable. I believe 2 &3 are. Garrett and Dalan can barely dribble with no pressure, if you let them bring the ball up the court with a little pressure...

I believe Delo and CJ play at the same time because Delo is "supposed" to be the floor general to get other players involved. He got a little shot happy with that side-ways jump shot.

Are we watching the same Dalan Ancrum? He does not play an ounce of defense. He is only getting deflections because he is swatting from behind after his players blows by him.
wiu712

Saturday's win at UW-Milwaukee has resulted in Western moving up to #347 (from 350) in this week's RPI Rankings.
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball ... etball-rpi

Purdue is 32.
wiu2013

Purdue is every bit of 32. Poor Brandon looked like a little child out there next to Haas.