At IUPUI

wiu712

Men's game is on ESPN3 now: http://www.espn.com/watchespn/player/_/ ... condensed/

The Women's game, which will follow, will also be on ESPN3.
vatusay

Tuned in for second half.

How many times am I going to see gilbeck set a screen then roll to the basket wide open? Seems to be every game, so I bring it up about every game.

Miklusak having good game.

Were gilbecks fouls pretty obvious? It's deja vu of big Mike. Seemed like he would breathe on a guy and get called for a foul.

Pretty inexcusable for his first basket to come with three minutes left in the half.
#ALLIN #YOLO
vatusay

I think the guys were gassed from the IPFW game. Shots weren't falling and seemed like everything for IUPUI was going down.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

IUPUI wins the game 89-71.

Mike Miklusak led the Western scoring with 23 points. Garret Covington had 22. Jalen Morgan had 10.

Western will return to Western Hall on Wednesday (Jan 4) for a 7PM game vs South Dakota State. That game will be "WGEM Family Night".
Blackjack

vatusay wrote:I think the guys were gassed from the IPFW game. Shots weren't falling and seemed like everything for IUPUI was going down.
So were they gassed in all the other losses, lol, just sayin. I missed the game, but looks like the same ol Billy Wright coached team reverting back to norm. In the stats it looks like free throws and turnovers were a problem.. Our shooting percentage was same as theirs. IUPUI coach probably saw the IPFW game and made adjustments, and coach Wright just did the same predictable crap. This is looking like 2 years ago when we beat IPFW first game.. not good. CJ Duff went 1-8. And Useosefe was 0-4 and played 22 minutes, so much for the freshman being so good..
Last edited by Blackjack on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiu2013

Not only are you negative you are out of line! You may have your opinions about how you think the team should be run, but calling another person a fool. Do you know Coach Wright personally? You may think he does foolish things, but to call him a fool is uncalled for.
You started your post with I didn't even watch the game, so why are you sharing your opinion from a box score?
Blackjack

wiu2013 wrote:Not only are you negative you are out of line! You may have your opinions about how you think the team should be run, but calling another person a fool. Do you know Coach Wright personally? You may think he does foolish things, but to call him a fool is uncalled for.
You started your post with I didn't even watch the game, so why are you sharing your opinion from a box score?
You are right, he isn't a fool.. I'm just venting frustration.. He doesn't deserve disrespect. My bad.. I'll delete it
vatusay

Just seemed like kept it somewhat close then IUPUI pulled away down the stretch.

Believe me, not a fan of wright, but would like these guys to figure something out give us fans something to root for again.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

Western has dropped from #302 to #319 (out of 351) in the latest RPI Rankings:
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball ... etball-rpi