SDSU 1/4

sealhall74

The Jacks have owned us since they joined the Summit, even during those few years when we were blessed with more talent and athleticism. But new coach and system for them this year. They are using a lot of zone on defense. That could give us some problems as I am a firm believer that you need to practice against that which you play and I seriously doubt we use much defense in practice other than the Pack Line. Statistically, we do match up with these guys very well in every category except one. They get to the charity stripe a ton and they make a lot of them. Daum does a lot of the damage there.

All that said, I do like our chances to win this game at home. According to Massey, we are only about a three point dog. We need a bit of hot hand from the perimeter to pull it off. Let Daum have what ever points he can muster but absolutely dont foul him. At the same time, lock down on the other four like stink on poop. One guy or gal cant beat you. How many times did Ashley Luke score 30 and we still lost? I believe the answer is three but I will have to check on it.

Update: VegasInsider currently has us a 1.5 point favorite.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

Seriously Dan Dorian again.
sealhall74

All-Access camera is too tight on the action. Need to pull that view about a little.
sealhall74

Down 39-33 at the half. Daum picked up a couple of quick fouls and spent most of the half on bench. We really did not take advantage of it. Hit a few shots from the perimeter but nothing happening close in.
sealhall74

Tied at 61 with 7 to go. Time for the defense to shine.
sealhall74

Up 69-63 with 4:20 left. Bring it home guys!
Necks2003

Is there any reason the games are no longer on ESPN 3?
sealhall74

Necks2003 wrote:Is there any reason the games are no longer on ESPN 3?
I am guessing that minimal staff on hand, no graphics, etc. has something to do with it.
Necks2003

It's about time.

Hopefully they can keep up finishing off games through the conference schedule. Winning breeds confidence.
sealhall74

The losing streak to these guys is history. Necks over the Jacks 82-74. Pretty good effort on our part. Ancrum and Gilbeck got some key buckets down the stretch.