Best WIU hoops player

Rocky Swishterson

Eulis Baez, who I've only seen play on TV once for Western but a few other times in international competition, is the best player I know of or have seen play for the Leathernecks. He only played for WIU one year. 2004-05. He's currently winding down his career playing pro ball in Spain. Lots of Youtube on him. Who is the best player you know of who's played for Western Illinois?
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... eulis-baez
sealhall74

No doubt Western has seen a really good player or two come along over the years. Lots of years during 80s and 90s when I was not paying much attention, but for the years I have watched with interest, I would go with Joe Dykstra. Not tall, not quick, not a great leaper, but he could simply put the ball in the bucket with regularity and if he didn't, he usually got to the foul line where he was a near 90% shooter throughout his career. He was extraordinary at using his body and head fakes to get him enough room to get a good shot off against a taller defender. I still think that the team with him, Dwayne Banks, Jamie Lilly, "quick as lightning" Johnny Washington at the point, and was it Cordes and Seay sharing 5 spot duty?, is the best TEAM I have seen play, D2 or D1. This was before the 3pt shot and there were a couple of games I remember glancing up at scoreboard after first five minutes of play to see 25 points for the good guys. Margenthaler's teams were known for that quick start. Could not keep that kind of pace up for 40 minutes but it was fun to watch.
Embrace the pace of the race.
beauspencer

In no particular order (off the top of my head and some are missing): Joe Dykstra, Ceola Clark, Terell Parks, Coleman Carrodine, Monzell Jackson, Bob Anderson, Chuck Schramm, Lupe Rios, Brad Bainter, Garett Covington. Missing a few guys from the 50's, the golden era in WIU men's basketball.