@ Denver

wiu2013

I think Duff has hit the wall as a freshman.
wiu2013

This team did not lose tonight because another player played more than Ancrum. They could not score!
Necks2003

Seemed like there was a lot of non traditional players getting descent minutes tonight. Overall, everyone seemed fairly cold.
sealhall74

Lord I hope it is not one of those whoever's family shows up get the PT. LOL
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Denver won the game 84-70.

Garret Covington led the Western scoring with 17 points. Jeremiah Usiosefe had 12. Delo Bruster and Mike Miklusak each had 11. Brandon Gilbeck had 10.

Western was 7 for 24 on three-point attempts and was a perfect 17 for 17 on free throw attempts.

Attendance at Denver = 1,067.
Last edited by wiu712 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wiu2013

Only family there is Sandifer's and we know he did not play. Although he may have shot better than the rest of the team tonight on one leg. I think tonight's playing time was a case of who can make a basket?
sealhall74

I listened to game but could not find any way to watch it. Once again, the boxscore shows our big guys (Gilbeck and Hughes) shot a high percentage with a combined 6 of 9 from the field. Where was Snyder? I hope they got some touches in the offensive flow and these were not just putbacks on missed shots. IMO, our success this year depends mostly on what these guys can do because they open up good shots for everyone else on the perimeter. We are making progress here. Gilbeck is avoiding the silly fouls and finding a way to stay out on the court and is fairly productive when he is out there.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu2017

sealhall74 wrote:I listened to game but could not find any way to watch it. Once again, the boxscore shows our big guys (Gilbeck and Hughes) shot a high percentage with a combined 6 of 9 from the field. Where was Snyder? I hope they got some touches in the offensive flow and these were not just putbacks on missed shots. IMO, our success this year depends mostly on what these guys can do because they open up good shots for everyone else on the perimeter. We are making progress here. Gilbeck is avoiding the silly fouls and finding a way to stay out on the court and is fairly productive when he is out there.

yeah had to just listen also,
but I noticed the recurring themes from all our losses..
We were the 18th best three point shooting team in the NCAA coming into this game. That should mean our bigs are one on one inside with lots of room. So yeah, they should be able to score 20 pts a game,
Our best shooter percentage wise is Ancrum, and Ancrum is a threat to drive, has shown midrange of late, Had big block shots, Can pass to the big man with timing, on D was a big part of Holding Daum to 8 pts. So going into this game I'm thinking he will get more minutes. uuuh WRONG.. He sits most of 1st half, and Wright plays Useosefe a freshman that shoots 20% and is pretty much just a spot up shooter.

Duff is doing great for a freshman, but he doesn't bring much to the table except streak shooting, and ok defense, which .. I can live with Duff getting lots of minutes, but both Useosefe and Duff, sorry thats just asking to lose,

Basketball is easy , just get mismatches and exploit them, and make it hard for the other team to score the way they want too, Wright doesn't get it. Who was guarding the kid that torched us from the arc. I don't know. I'm just hoping we get back on track in Omaha