@ USD

sealhall74

Tonight, we get our first look at the new arena in Vermillion. Sometimes a fresh change of scenery is all you need to lift up your spirits so maybe we can pull off the W. Seems like we have been banged up (or beset with illness) of late. Hope that is no longer an issue. I see the Yotes as a pretty dangerous team come tournament time if the big Flack kid is 100% healthy. He has been out for a while and not sure if he will be available for this one. Their stats, especially shooting percentages are not that great. They may be one of the quicker teams in the league. Their new arena is attached to the Dakota Dome, so it might be the only Division 1 facility in the country which has a special "Club" viewing area for both football (Dome Club) and basketball (Arena Club). Had to sacrifice a few arena seats for it but kind of a neat idea nonetheless.

[youtube][/youtube]
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

WIU up 25-22 at the half. We just don't handle pressure defense well. And they cant hit the broad side of barn tonight.
Necks2003

Ugly first half. Hopefully Covington can get his shot back.He has been cold for the last few games.
sealhall74

The 2nd half was not much prettier. We lose 62-55.
Necks2003

It's getting painful to watch once again.

#dumpsterfire
#ALLIN
sealhall74

Gilbeck 6 of 6 from the field. He needs more touches.
wiu2013

That game was definitely painful to watch! You can definitely see how important a point guard is needed to run teams, although I thought CJ did the best job tonight (that is not saying much).
I am going to give Covington the fact that was sick the last few games, but he needs to get back to making shots.
If you look at the stat sheet from the last few games Miklusak looks as if he has had very solid games, but he has been out of sorts, especially tonight. I can't believe how many free throws along with point-blank shots he missed.

We did somewhat see a possible glimpse of life after GC in the first half and they were not half-bad.
wiu712

South Dakota wins the game 62-55.

Dalan Ancrum and Garret Covington led the Western scoring with 13 points each. Brandon Gilbeck had 12.

Delo Bruster did not play.

Attendance at South Dakota = 1,603.

Western will be back at home on Saturday night for a 7PM game with IUPUI. That game will be "Purple Out Night" and also another "Dollar Dog Night".
vatusay

I feel like this has to be said over and over and over.

Get the ball inside!!!

#bALLINsideeverypossession

I'm clever.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Necks2003

With Gilbeck playing D (not getting destroyed for ticky tac garbage fouls), getting 2 descent shooters any given night should get W's.But Covington need to be the catalyst. Nobody else can drain shots consistently like he can. He is the only true scoring threat we have. Others may hit 2 or 3 shots, but nothing over consistency for every game. I am still holding out he is getting this cold streak out of the system for a insanley hot February and March just like CC3.