@ SDSU

sealhall74

98-65 shellacking. Reminded me of the opening round tournament game against these guys a couple years back.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

The Midco Sports announcers called it "complete domination".

C.J. Duff led the Western scoring with 16 points. Dalan Ancrum had 14.

Western was out-rebounded 39-23.

South Dakota State scored 62 points in the paint.

Western is now 7-14 (4-6 in the Summit). Oral Roberts is in the 9th position with a 3-7 conference record.

Attendance at South Dakota State = 2,017.

Western will be home Saturday (Feb 4) vs Omaha. Game time is 7PM. The game will be on ESPN3.
OldHare

Gilbeck appears he can score. He has a good move or two around the rim. He did not get lots of touches..
OldHare

Postgame Wright
vatusay

OldHare wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:38 pm Gilbeck appears he can score. He has a good move or two around the rim. He did not get lots of touches..
Preaching to the choir. It is nice to hear it come from other team fan. Makes me feel less crazy.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu2013

Gilbeck has definitely improved his footwork and scoring over the past month, so he definitely needs to get more touches. BUT let's not forget that we were not so confident about him during non-conference and the beginning of conference. In the past he would have missed open short shots or stood in the lane and seemed confused about what to do. Our other problem (one of our other problems) is that no one can really pass the ball. They can barely dribble the ball. Bruster is not the best point guard, but he definitely has more instinct at the position than what we have.
sealhall74

They covered up Gilbeck pretty good last night, usually doubling him when he got the ball. Forced him into 2 or 3 turnovers. In that situation, he really needs to be good without the ball. Think I might watch it again and identify how many times someone set an off-ball pick for him to open up some space. I have a feeling the answer will be zero. He is usually setting a ball-screen pick for one of the shooters.
Embrace the pace of the race.