@ SDSU

sealhall74

Tough one tonight in Brookings, SD where the state sport is rodeo but basketball has to be somewhere near the top along with hunting and fishing. I honestly dont give us much of a chance in this one. Desperately hoping to be proved wrong though. The Jacks have found a little defensive identity after moving away from a strict zone into a little more man defense. They were getting killed before the move. Still giving up a lot of points but at least they are somewhere within range coming down the stretch now. Daum could drop anywhere from 13 to 35 points on us. The thing that makes him so tough is that he can beat you up from the beyond the arc or inside the paint. We shut him down pretty good at home thanks to him getting into some early foul trouble. He has only a so-so supporting cast, most are streaky shooters at best, shut them down and this could be a close one, regardless of what Daum does.

7pm CT tip. ESPN3 for your viewing pleasure.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu2017

Hopefully Coach learned the formula from last game..I think we have a good chance if Ancrum and Gilbeck are on the floor together and keep working a multifaceted offensive attack. If we revert back to hoping Covington is gonna win it for us, we will get the same result we usually do. We have more talent, but we beat ourselves, with turnovers. If coach lets Ancrum play with Mike and Garrett, we can win. If he plays Duff and Useosefe more than Ancrum, all I can say is , they better hit their threes better than they have been or we will get blown out. If Covington can draw the defense, we should score easy and get to the line, just like last game.
The absence of a point guard has put Ancrum in position to score, Because he is driving down the lane, not from the corner.
sealhall74

Ancrum is the only one taking it to the paint early.
sealhall74

WIU in mostly man. Daum step out. Gilbeck follows him leaving paint wide open. Oldest sucker play in the book. Need to play zone and and take our chances. If they hit the trey, that is life.
sealhall74

Down 45-34 at the half. Still within reach but will have to tighten up the defense to have a chance.
wiu712

I see that ESPN3 is picking up the Midco Sports Network telecast of the game.

Midco is the one big advantage that the Dakota schools have over the rest of the teams in the Summit and MVFC. We have nothing here that duplicates Midco.
sealhall74

Gilbeck should have an imaginary leash on him. It is 12 feet long and attached to the opponents basket.
sealhall74

Usiosefe showing some nice athleticism tonight. Ancrum is the only player we have with any PG instincts.
Necks2003

I am pretty sure this is the worst defensive game I have ever seen. Giving up 80 points on layups is aweful. Convington is the only consistent shooter we have. Need to get him back to more shooting situations and drawing attention to leave more open shooters including opening up the paint for big red.
sealhall74

Time, well actually it was time about 3 minutes ago, to empty the bench.