Omaha at Home Ahhh!

vatusay

They need a player that has the mustard to take a damn jump shot with someone in their face.

They are lazy on offense. It was crazy the difference watching UNOs sets and WIUs. UNO made passes with a purpose while WIU seemingly never does but maybe three times a game I say to myself "ohh nice find". Ten times I watched gilbeck and Morgan roll inside off the screen and the guard isn't even looking at them. I got spoiled with the vision of Ceola finding TP off pick and roll.

UNO gets the ball INSIDE. Holy Jesus this is division one basketball. This is not hard to figure out. Gilbeck and Morgan had position nearly every time down the court. It's embarrassing. There were at least five times Saturday where gilbeck/Morgan are at the top of the key with the ball stuck there looking for help. WTH.

There are high school teams that move the ball and play inside/outside better than this team with scholarship D1 athletes.

Oh, and UNOs student section made exponentially more noise than WIUs. Thankfully the band is always energetic.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

IMO, our main problem is not PG-related. It is movement (or lack thereof) away from the ball. Absolutely nothing going on in the way of off-ball screens to allow a guy to pop out and find some space for an open jumper or cut to the hoop. If you know where to look for your guys (via set plays, etc.), you dont need to be a great dribbler or passer to find them. Ancrum should suffice in that role very nicely. He has length and seems to be fearless with the ball. Yes, a little out of control at times, but I could live with that. Now beating a press, especially a zone trap like Omaha threw at us, that is a different matter entirely. But we have a lot of guys simply standing around the perimeter waiting for someone to pass it to them. Almost looks like the NBA in that respect where one on one play is what people pay to see. If you want to see an effective offense utilizing a big man in conjunction with a lot of off-ball screens, backdoor cuts to the hoop, etc., take a look at Denver. Best offensive team in the conference IMO and the stats reflect it:

Embrace the pace of the race.