@ Oral Bob

Necks2003

Should have been a blow out, but a win on the road is a big win. Thank goodness.

Need Ancrum and Bruster back.
wiu712

Western wins 63-60!

Western now has a 2-game lead over Oral Roberts plus owns the tie-breaker for the final spot in the Conference tournament.

Garret Covington led the Western scoring with 20 points. C.J. Duff had 12. Jeremiah Usiosefe had 10.

Attendance at Oral Roberts = 3,040.

The Men are off on Saturday. Next game will be Tuesday (Feb 14) at Western Hall vs Denver.
wiu712

ORU's rally against Western Illinois comes up short.

From today's Tulsa newspaper:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/o ... 412a4.html
sealhall74

Now that we are virtually assured of making the tournament, we need to get some people there or at least make an effort to do so. I am booked and will be there but I dont have a ticket yet. Just tried buying an all-session ticket and for whatever reason, there are no tickets for public sale at this time. A little footnote on the Ticketmaster site says they will go on sale to general public on Feb 29. I do know each school is guaranteed so many (I have heard 200, 400, not sure what it actually is) and they can do what they want with them, including selling them back to the conference. In the past, I am pretty sure that we have sold the majority of ours back which allowed us to send the pep band, etc. This year, we need to offer ALL LEATHERNECK FANS from far and near the opportunity to purchase tickets from our allotment. Advertise it in the alumni newsletter and wherever else makes sense to do so. Might even organize a fan bus if there is enough interest. Matt Tanney, it is the right thing to do.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:48 amThe Ticketmaster site says they will go on sale to general public on Feb 29.
Hmmm. There is no Feb 29 this year. They must mean Feb 28.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:53 am
sealhall74 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:48 amThe Ticketmaster site says they will go on sale to general public on Feb 29.
Hmmm. There is no Feb 29 this year. They must mean Feb 28.
The header says tickets are for the 2017 tournament. That little footnote about going on sale to public says 2.29.2016. My bad for not paying close attention. I have never had any issue getting an all session ticket in Sioux Falls until this year.

The Summit League site has a page that says 2017 all-session tickets are now on sale.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/a ... 017tickets
Last edited by sealhall74 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldHare

Normally the school officials and player families get the first choice on the ticket allotments for most athletic events. Seal is correct in that many schools turn back tickets for the tournament. It should be worth the time to acquire tickets from the athletic department. The Leathernecks have had a decent following for the women in recent years. I would guess most were family. You should not be disappointed in the tournament should you make the trip. The long range weather forecast is vary favorable with temps in the low 30's and little precipitation. Of course, we had 0 this morning which is seasonable. Either way, they play the games inside during March!

email for the Premier Center
bmiller@siouxfalls.com
sealhall74

My instincts are telling me that the ticket gods are working their magic here because it looks like either USD or NDSU is going to be facing SDSU in the Saturday round one this year. There would be a whole lot of interest in that particular session putting a severe strain on the availability of all-session tickets to non-* Dakota folks. To complicate matters, I think the Leathernecks will be in that very same session facing the Dakota team not facing the Jacks. Life is all about being in the right place at the right time. Wow, if this prediction holds true, the Premier Center will be pretty damn quiet for the Sunday men's games. I will go out on a limb and predict that less than 500 people will show from Fort Wayne, Denver, Omaha, and IUPUI combined not including their pep bands.
OldHare

Omaha may have a couple buses of students and a few fans. The others may be short. IUPUI cannot draw a crowd at home for men or women. Denver might fill a few chairs. The year the Leathernecks had a share of first, there were many from WIU. Sunday could be open seating for those who like to relocate from higher seats.
sealhall74

FYI, I just got a Ticketmaster alert that all-session passes are now available and that does appear to be the case. Not great seats, all upper deck or behind the basket. If anyone is interested, I suggest going through an athletic dept contact first. I am now on the wait list from our allotment and my contact says I can probably be accommodated as soon as conference sends out tickets and everything to the schools. Always better to sit with your comrades in arms so you can make a difference. And we will need all the support we can muster in Sioux Falls for both men and women this year.