Time to Fire Billy Wright and Rebuild the Basketball Program

wiu712

WIUSuperFan wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:39 pmHigher attendance at the end of the season for the women's team.
The final home game for both teams was on February 25 in a "Senior Day" double-header.
Women's attendance = 1,596 (a program record).
Men's attendance = 803.
Necks2003

loyalfan wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:39 am looks like the coaching staff is still out pursuing players, as we have offered up Eddie Reese Juco PG...Im guessing we might have some guys not coming back next year...
Need to land a couple of strong juco shooters as well. Losing Covington will lose 20 points per game that will need replacing. Freshman and sophomores that sit on the bench struggle to be significant starters.
sealhall74

In addition to the scorer replacements, I think we need a 2-sport stud, about 6-6 or so, 250# with good hands and feet. He plays tight end in the fall and power forward over the winter. Not likely to come out of JUCO, but a kid like that with D2 or maybe even D3 talent right out of high school is one I would take a chance on. Same thing goes for JD and the women's program. I just checked on that Chatrice White who played for FSU this year and Illinois before transferring. While in HS, she also threw the shot and discus.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

Anyone know if Billy or his assistants are the Illinois high school tourney this weekend?
leatherneckcountry

Well I think if there was going to be change it would have been announced by now
loyalfan

According to Verbal Commits website, it looks like Billy and crew were out recruiting this last week as we have offered 3 pretty good looking players for 2018...It would be really nice to get a couple "early" signees...
Neckfansince71

I think IMO that we are going to see a much different team on the floor next season and I am not talking about a drastic change in personnel! I look for the Juco recruit to have immediate impact. No one has left the program, no transfers, "all in!" Playing as a team is the most important thing as far as I am concerned and I think this will happen! The last two weekends the coaching staff has hit the recruiting trail hard! I am not surprised with the offers! ;) jc
sealhall74

I look for Jeremiah Usiosefe to have a breakout year. He really impressed me down the stretch. I would say he is the most athletic/explosive guy on the roster right now and I dont think it is even close. Anxious to see what this new strength coach can do. We have too many guys in the 170-190# range right now.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu2017

Jerimiah.. is definitely a strong kid. He shot 20% from three, so he need to fix that or develope his midrange.. Offensively next year will depend alot on Ancrum, Coach needs to let him facilitate..
Defensively Ancrum wont have to guard the other teams quickest player, so he will be able to help and block shots and get steels in the passing lane. This team will play more like the spurs than the Rockets.. Ancrum likes to find the open man, not a selfish player like Covington. CJ needs to be a lock down defender and a 40% spot up three shooter. Big red will be better, but if the offense doesnt get him the ball, where he can do something with it, it wont matter.. Alot of "ifs" but this this team will be better, There are no more so called best players. Plenty on talent to go at least .500 in the Summit league. J Morgan could be better also.. Who knows what will happen with Juco players. Moxy didnt play much, but thats the fastest kid in the Summit league.. let him push the rock..Schneider is good also.. Gonna be a job saving year for Coach Wright if he, uses his talent right..
Bball Fan

I certainly hope so. If not will be lucky if home attendance averages much above 500.