Future Men's BBall Schedules

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Ok, so apparently they released the schedule: http://goleathernecks.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball
although it looks like they might have accidentally deleted most of the conference games from the listing.

The conference games listed in the first post of this thread are correct from the Summit League, and if you add the games that are listed OOC on the schedule, then that's probably pretty much what we've got. There's a game here against IUPUI that wasn't on the schedule before, so maybe we'll be playing them H&H over the next couple of years even though they aren't in the conference any more.

EDIT - looks like it's fixed now
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

I will say one thing for Billy - he knows how to put together a really "divine" schedule.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Changes from what we had listed in the first post:

11/1 vs Judson University (NAIA)
11/11 vs St. Mary's University of MN (DIII) - added
11/18 at SEMO
11/18 vs Calvary University (NCCAA) - added
11/28 vs IUPUI - added
12/31 vs Lincoln Christian (NAIA) - added
1/13 vs Oak Hills Christian (NCCAA) - added

Conference schedule is unchanged.
sealhall74

Doing some preseason scouting of opponents. I got a laugh from this confusing statement in the write up from Calvary's last game:

"The Warriors end their season just under .500 with a 7-15 overall record, and 3-6 in conference play."

Their glass is always half-full for sure. :lol:
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:03 am Doing some preseason scouting of opponents. I got a laugh from this confusing statement in the write up from Calvary's last game:

"The Warriors end their season just under .500 with a 7-15 overall record, and 3-6 in conference play."

Their glass is always half-full for sure. :lol:
"just under .500" like this is "juuuust a bit outside"...

Necks2003

Having 4 non D1 opponents is going to make the rpi appear embarrassing. Two non D1 games I thought was the max before a team gets penalized in the rankings. Might as well play local high school teams if they just need to fill in games.
sealhall74

Necks2003 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:48 pm Having 4 non D1 opponents is going to make the rpi appear embarrassing. Two non D1 games I thought was the max before a team gets penalized in the rankings. Might as well play local high school teams if they just need to fill in games.
RPI is meaningless to every team in the Summit League. Only the tournament winner is dancing. The only positive I can come up with by scheduling cupcake games is that your speed advantage allows for the opportunity to work on offensive flow and rhythm and of course, your bench players get some minutes to show off a bit.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:11 am
Necks2003 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:48 pm Having 4 non D1 opponents is going to make the rpi appear embarrassing. Two non D1 games I thought was the max before a team gets penalized in the rankings. Might as well play local high school teams if they just need to fill in games.
RPI is meaningless to every team in the Summit League. Only the tournament winner is dancing. The only positive I can come up with by scheduling cupcake games is that your speed advantage allows for the opportunity to work on offensive flow and rhythm and of course, your bench players get some minutes to show off a bit.
Also, none of those are currently marked as exhibition games. I would imagine that a couple will be designated so, and I believe that exhibition games don't count against your RPI. But yea, for us...RPI doesn't really matter other than future scheduling (the better our RPI is, the more likely that we'll get more games against better opponents who do care about RPI).
Necks2003

Anyone hear or see how the new freshman have been looking in practice so far? There should be a good opportunity for one of them to step in the starting lineup right away if they are ready. With Covington graduating, hopefully we have someone ready to step in and knock down some of those three's.
sealhall74

Necks2003 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:11 am Anyone hear or see how the new freshman have been looking in practice so far? There should be a good opportunity for one of them to step in the starting lineup right away if they are ready. With Covington graduating, hopefully we have someone ready to step in and knock down some of those three's.
As Sgt Klink said many times, "I know nothing". Any news on whether or not we might be hosting a "Madness" event before the season starts so we might know something?

Update: Make that Sgt. Shultz. My bad.