Future Men's BBall Schedules

basfan445

Judson University visits us Nov 1. I would assume this is an exhibition game.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

basfan445 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:11 pm Judson University visits us Nov 1. I would assume this is an exhibition game.
Thanks for the info, I've added it to the schedule. It's listed as an exhibition on their own athletics website, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's an exhibition for us too (although it probably is).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
basfan445

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:15 pm
basfan445 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:11 pm Judson University visits us Nov 1. I would assume this is an exhibition game.
Thanks for the info, I've added it to the schedule. It's listed as an exhibition on their own athletics website, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's an exhibition for us too (although it probably is).
Sweet sounds good. Always around this time of the year I get obsessed with figuring out college basketball schedules. Especially us, Illini, Bradley, etc....

I'll try and keep my eye out on more. Everyday more and more schedules get released so we should get a better understanding of the schedule here soon I hope.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Summit League just released the men's basketball schedule: http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/m ... tcnd8fgwvx

I've updated it on the first post listing the full schedule, but at first glance, it looks very favorable to us.
Spring semester classes begin January 16th (Tuesday), so it looks like we have a grand total of 1 conference game that is at home over break (1/11 vs Omaha), the other two break games are at South Dakota (1/3) and at Oral Roberts (1/6). 5 out of the 7 games we play in February are at home.
leatherneckcountry

Ready for another year to probably be disappointed again I could see us finishing anywhere from 4th to last
leatherneckcountry

So I was on another fan page and they were crying about the schedule and one of the things they said that they would like to see is playing the same teams on the same day every year for example have WIU vs ORU the second Saturday of January every year I personally hate the idea but wondering what everyone thinks.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:12 pm So I was on another fan page and they were crying about the schedule and one of the things they said that they would like to see is playing the same teams on the same day every year for example have WIU vs ORU the second Saturday of January every year I personally hate the idea but wondering what everyone thinks.
I like the idea if it is a rivalry game. We dont have such a beast in the Summit right now.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:23 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:12 pm So I was on another fan page and they were crying about the schedule and one of the things they said that they would like to see is playing the same teams on the same day every year for example have WIU vs ORU the second Saturday of January every year I personally hate the idea but wondering what everyone thinks.
I like the idea if it is a rivalry game. We dont have such a beast in the Summit right now.
I think that's what they were manly talking about but i personally just like playing teams at different times some schools have a tendency to start hot imagine having to play that team that always start hot in the 1st few games of league play every year we always seem to play ORU the second saturday in January every year.
basfan445

Have we heard anymore about the schedule? Been pretty quiet on this thread.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

basfan445 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:28 pm Have we heard anymore about the schedule? Been pretty quiet on this thread.
Haven't heard anything since the Summit League released the conference schedule. The schedule as we know it is in the first post of this thread, so that's probably pretty close to what it's going to be at this point.